Daily starlet want to improve handling found coilovers impractical any ideas on alternatives

Basically bought the car with jic coilovers on it I found my self dodging drain covers and pot holes too often so went back to original suspension and it's like a boat anyone got any ideas on a good road setup to be used day thanks

I found that MeisterR coilovers on my CRX were perfect for the road. Many Japanese coilovers are designed for Japanese roads and race tracks which are a lot smoother than our shitty roads. MeisterR's are designed for UK roads and they're fully adjustable too.

However if you want an alternative solution, you could use standard suspension and just uprate everything else such as anti roll bars, strut braces, anti lift kit, etc... that should improve the handling enough to be fine to use on the road but it still wont be great.

The standard suspension is pretty poor though in my opinion. If I compare a standard Starlet to my standard Rover 200 diesel, the Starlet is worse in both handling and comfort. Once you change a few things though Starlets handle quite well.

Speaking from experience:

- standard suspension is like being on a boat

- lowering springs and uprated shocks handled well but the ride was harsh

- MeisterR's were a good mix of both handling and comfort

Edited by ste91