ross racing pistons query?

pistons finaly arrived today and on the box with the rings it states there for 74.5mm as requested but when i was having a look at the picture inside it has 74mm stamped into it?. to be fair doesnt look like they could fit 74.5mm on there as the space is pretty tight but dunno if am just being paranoid or they have sent me wrong pistons but correct rings.

wont be till next month they go to a machine shop so just looking for some conformation if they are correct or not as i only have so many days left to complain if they are wrong

i got my 74.5's couple of days back..has 74m stamped...but its 74.5mm when measured :) . the report you got with your pistons should also confirm this

Edited by wickedep

dont have any tools to measure them properly but the report does confirm they should be 74.5mm just wasnt quite sure did your pistons come in a box? my rings and pins did but the pistons just came in the ross paper

these took just under a month to arrive i was told they would be posted out with in 2days but 2 weeks later there was still no tracking details so emailed to kick up shit got them posted next day from states took 12 days for them to arrive from then but for the pistons and scat rods it cost me £697 delivered to my door from states so cant complain still need to get pile more parts anyway

yes it came in a big ROSS box..the pistons were individually wrapped like yours..this is how they've come every time we ordered pistons. if you ordered from sam, then there was a delay due to ross taking longer to fill the order. i had to wait the same amount of time.

ahh i see sam seemed reluctant to answer my questions untill i mentioned a refund then he got it all sorted out asap. mine didnt come in ross box but i suspect that was to keep the postage costs down as it was a tight fit in postage box they arrived in. all in all happy was a big saving getting them from him as he made sure i didnt get stung with any import tax

• 4 months later...

Hi all epers...i have a question here about this ROSS pistons. Actually im goin to buy this pistons. but, when i reed some reviews, they said that racing piston is not suitable for long distance journey as this piston will expand a bit when the temperature is high. Is this correct????

actually im travelling about 1200 miles a month which 300 miles for one way journey. So can someone have using this pistons, share with me please.

All metal expands when temperature increases, search about the forged engines which change tone/noise when warm typical of cheaper weisco/wossner pistons used in most builds....a piston is designed for long term use i cant see it making any difference if you do short or long journeys

If it puts you off go for some JE pistons or CP theres another brand which i cant remember who do good pistons....im leaning towards ross too unless i can get a decent price on the other brands and i do 2000miles a month lol

Its not really about the miles you rack up, its how hard you push the engine.

If the engine is pushed hard and you want the rings to last run a larger piston-wall clearence and a larger ring gap unless you can afford to rebuild the motor every 5000 miles you could always run smaller clearences.