Correct way to bleed the brakes....?

Just thought I'd post this incase I'm missing anything glaringly obvious on the EP. The brakes (outlaw 4 pots) are still not right, if you pump the pedal you get some resistance, and the pads do engage the discs but normal conditions there is no resistance at all till the pedal is at the floor. I bled the brakes from OR, NR, OF, NF (O - offside, N - nearside)...with the wife in the car, pumping the pedal a few times when I release the bleed nipple on the caliper...fluid comes out in a jet, I tighten it up, next caliper and so on.

Any ideas?

When youve fitted all of your brake parts, fill the brake tank up.

pump the pedal a few times with the bleed nipples closed.

Then, starting at the corner furthest, with somebody inside the car..

Open the nipple,Push the pedal to the floor, whilst its to the floor, lock the nipple back up (dont let the brake pedal up at all with the nipple open)

Let the pedal up.

Open the nipple again, Push the pedal to the floor, lock the nipple.

Keep doing that whilst checking there is brake fluid topped to the max mark.

Once your certain there is no more trapped air, move on to the next furthest corner. and so on untill you get to the 4th corner nearest the brake reservoir.

Make sure that :

Nipple is OPEN , when your pushing the pedal down. DO NOT LET THE PEDAL UP AT ALL WITH THE NIPPLE STILL OPEN!

Only let the pedal back up, once youve locked the nipple tight again.

If you let the brake fluid run out whilst doing this process you have to start all over again, even if you dont think it needs it.

It will suck a tiny air pocket in and flow around the system.

If youve done it that way, it should work fine. Make sure all your brake lines are nice and tight, and pistons are copper greased and moving freely.

Your right about the sides. Always bleed from furthest away from the master cylinder.

You dont really need to do the pump up open thing, that takes ages. Get a pipe, fit it to the nipple, then get a lucozade bottle, rip the rapping off.Put a small amount of brake fluid in the bottle and then put the pipe inside the bottle,enough so the fluid inside is covering it. Then open the niple and get the bird to pump the pedal. You'll see the fluid level in the bottle raise. if theres air in the system, you'll see the bubbles getting pushed out into the bottle. Keep doing it till theres no bubbles. If you start bleeding and theres no bubbles to start with, give it about 15 pumps then hold the pedal to the floor while you tighten the nipple. Do that for all 4 and see what happens.if it still goes to the floor i rekon theres a leak somewhere or your cylinders had it :unsure:

If it still does it, get the bird to put as much force on the brake pedal as possible,as you go round cheking all the joins. Will take ages and need to get under the car but its something to rule out.

What your trying to do when bleeding the brakes is force all the air out and not let it return into the system,thats why the pipe should ALWAYS be submerged in fluid,so you push the air out but only fluid can return. (not trying to sound condesending to you nightspirit,just for people that might be reading :( )

CHeers for that...and no it's not condescending at all, if I didn't want to know I wouldn't have asked <_< I'll give that a go this weekend or tomorrow night infact!

....you tried hitting it with one of your slippers?

also, all this talk of nipples is making me very aroused...

FFS sake grandson...

I sit here, naked, picking Werther's from my pubes and I'm dismayed....dismayed that it took you so long to pick up on the nipple thing <_<

The small children prefer a bit more 'padding'

Now please can we stop this, for once...let a thread with me on it be none of these things:

Gay,

Very Gay,

Pointless,

Pointlessly Gay,

To do with my offspring and grandchildren,

Refer to me being old,

Mention small children in any capacity...

I think that covers most of it :)

what did they expect me to do in the dormatory at midnight...with a bottle of baby oil and that rubber chicken??

well, i would have at least had a go at pleasuring myself first, you always think of everyone else first, WHY DON'T YOU CONCENTRATE ON NO.1 FOR A CHANGE!!!