Vechile Speed Sensor

Hi guys, well as some of you might have seen, my car is up and running at 1.4bar on the old TD04.

However, we couldn't activate launch control because the ECU isn't picking up that the car is at 0 mph when stationary.

Now I'm lead to believe that there is a cable, running from the back of the clocks to the ECU which gives it the signal.

Ever since I got the car, this hasn't been working, as the car has never been restricted to 112mph, and I know that the cowboy way of de-restricting it is by cutting this cable. However, I've had the clocks off, as-well as looking around the ECU and I can't see where anyone has cut the cable.

Which pin is the VSS picked up on the ECU? And where a bouts is it behind the clocks? I was hoping I could just run a fresh cable.

Extra Info: It chucks up an engine check light due to this, fault 42. Its triggered when the ECU notices that theres no change in speed, when the car is revving above 3k for more than 3 seconds.

Thanks!

Yeah the speedo works fine, nothing to do with the cable. There's 100% a wire going from the clocks to the ECU.

And yeah there's not a vss, only a sensor for the ABS, but that's what they call it on the diagnostics for fault 42. I found which pin it was on the ECU, but not sure where it goes to on the clocks.

Think I'll just have to follow it up through the loom, or trick it by sending a valtage to it off of a button, but then it wouldn't de activate when I start moving. Hmmm...

Using the cable from the gearbox the speedo in the back of the dials generates a SPD signal (aka VSS) and passes it to the ECU.

Someone has kindly put together a comprehensive wiring/connector document. Wiring Document I know it's EP82 but it might help. Page 14 and 15 in the document.

Gavin

Edited by enzo_e492901