looking at going balls out on a glanza again looking for a good setup i dont now much about engine building wondering any advice id be looking for 400bhp i now my share info on the cars but f all about what way to go with building a engine

car be used for drag racing

any advice ??

get some decent quality rods and pistons (ross and pauter is what i would choose)...go with arp head studs....p+p the head....uprated head gasket.....race inlet (mabe?).....standalone...get rid of the dizzy....cams...and a dirty big turbo....3" exhaust etc etc

plenty of info about check the high power builds out (socks, spuddy etc etc)

Internals wise you want it light, well balanced and stong! If your looking for 400 go 5e as the 4e will be more challenging to get 400 from. socks engine is a racerech built engine so as iddy said race tech are who you need to talk with. they also know drag cars. failing that zisco on tgtt (kieth is also on here through sikillamart) the malta boys from zisco are drag mad and have got serious bits of kit available for drag starlets!! Id strongly suggest speaking with them. Alot of spuddys bits are built by zisco and assembled by east coast customs.

I bought a serious spec Forged Glanza to swap the running gear into my boxy for a turbo conversion but funds don't allow it. I want to bring my car to England so need funds. I have a great forged engine for sale big spec I will be starting a for sale thread tonight or tomorrow

I bought a serious spec Forged Glanza to swap the running gear into my boxy for a turbo conversion but funds don't allow it. I want to bring my car to England so need funds. I have a great forged engine for sale big spec I will be starting a for sale thread tonight or tomorrow

i seen that also but i wanna build me own and have it ready for when im back

as above if u can build it urself. far more rewarding than just giving a garage a pile of cash and saying give me more power. i went for ross pistons scat rods for the 5e but am yet to work out what spec i want for the head

I have ported polished head cruise valve springs pec rods weisco pistons 1.9 Athena head gasket acl bearings polished crank lightens flywheel exeedy paddle clutch everything balenced can't wait to start building it :)

Im not even going to list my full spec lol. Is a bigger sence of achivement imo when you build it yourself.

Rinse-what turbo you going for dude? 1.9hg is big will kill alot of off boost drivability tbh. pm me if ya dont want to say out loud what your planning ;)

it would definatly blow up if neil builds it himself haha

haha funny i only blew 4 engines :)

cheers for the advice lads il be letting ricky from race tech build it as car will be getting most work done by him when im in oz