glanza boot wont fit my sr

hi guys, bought a glanza rear boot lid today for my sr and it doesnt fit :( evan more anoying that it came off an sr too. i thought it was just a simple swap but i cant get the latch to line up correctly, its about an inch too low :huh: ive tried the original latch too. also when i line it up in the same marks as the original the back of the spoiler catches on the roof of the car when you try and open or shut it.the shut lines of the car and boot arnt very good either. could it be possible that something is bent somewhere? any help in advance guys would be great

Dont want to be tje bearer of bad news but its posible your car had a shunt with its old boot and its moved with it, fit a new boot with straight hinges etc it wont fit.

Try fitting your old boots hinges to your new bootlid?

Or change everything over and cut tje relevant holes for the glanza number plate surround in your old boot.

Other than that im all out of ideas :s

That's the only reason I changed it over because the previous owner back in to something and put a small crease in the boot lid. Do you think that would be enough to knock the hinges out of line? I would of thought that it would of been knocked the other way as making the boot be too high on the latch but its too low?

• 2 months later...

The chances of the hinges being bent are slim, it will be your back panel thats been pushed in from the wee knock its had, get a block of wood and a sledgehammer and smack the back panel out.