Should I ditch the power steering?

Ditch it!!!!!

My non-PAS Fiesta was great fun to drive. Where it lacked in speed, it gained in roundabout related mayhem.

Car without power steering are much more fun to drive. You biceps won't get much bigger cause when the car is moving the steering in very light in small cars anyway.

And as for the parking thing, you have to learn to never turn the wheels while the car is stationary cause if you only turn the wheel while the car is moving it's not heavy at all. It may sound daft to all those used to spinning the wheel with one hand while the car is sitting on one spot, but you'll get used to it.

Ditch it!!!!!

My non-PAS Fiesta was great fun to drive. Where it lacked in speed, it gained in roundabout related mayhem.

Car without power steering are much more fun to drive. You biceps won't get much bigger cause when the car is moving the steering in very light in small cars anyway.

And as for the parking thing, you have to learn to never turn the wheels while the car is stationary cause if you only turn the wheel while the car is moving it's not heavy at all. It may sound daft to all those used to spinning the wheel with one hand while the car is sitting on one spot, but you'll get used to it.

I was only joking about the becips geesh :)

I used to have a mini for my first car(many moons ago) so I know what non PAS is like

I thought driving without Power steering would be a complete b*stard, but i drove an old Swift GTI on the weekend and i couldn't really feel the difference till it came to dry steering!

P.S - Swift GTI's are quick and i want one :)

my car doesnt have power steering idont miss it, me bird says i cant use one hand and i do just like people with power steering and the dry steering ent that bad

p.s. i never had power steering in the first place in either car

my car doesnt have power steering idont miss it, me bird says i cant use one hand and i do just like people with power steering and the dry steering ent that bad

p.s. i never had power steering in the first place in either car

What model is yours then Oli?

No point, you aint gonna make any extra power, just biger arms, Would you sacrifice easy dry steering for 2 bhp? I fucking wouldnt ! :p Your not gonna notice any extra power with or without power steering :p

Well there are benefits with power to weight ratio, because if any of you have actually felt how heavy the components are that make up the PAS you know. The cast steel bracket that bolts to the engine is heavy enough on it own!!!

So I disagree!!

I haven't made my mind up what to do :p