Running in process for forged 5e

Hoping to have the engine built by the end of the week, but I am unsure on the running in procedure. Got a rough idea how to do it but just want to double check.

My Wossner pistons says i need 500 miles to run my rings in and also that I have to use a mineral oil to bed them in.

Anyone got a procedure for me to follow, bearing in mind i have only got a week to do it!!

on m forged lump i used a ct9, and drove it till was warm, but was still using boost, just not much...

then once warm, gave it a few full chats thru the gears and then let it over run back down to low revs, and repeated the process for few miles, changed oil and filter, then drove it for 400 miles, changed oil and filter twice in that time, then had it mapped..

Thats completly the opposite to what ive read. If you remember taggy, there was a guy that reccomended you afew books about building engines? Anyway i brought one of the books and ive been reading it, Its quite good and goes into depth about pretty much everything!

In said book it gives you advice on running in.. It says you shouldnt let the engine idle on first start up, keep the revs at about 2-2.5k so that the camshafts and lifters are splash lubricated . Take the car on 10 min runs letting the engine become under load but try and avoid going over 3.5k. It also says take the car onto a highway or motorway to get in into top gear. Vary the engine speeds between 2k-3k, holding the engine rpm at a steady 2k, and accelerating the engine upto 3k using up to 3/4 throttle. As soon as 3k is reached let the engine slow back down to 2k. Using this running in method the engine is subject to acceleration load (piston rings under pressure) without excessive rpm being used, do thid over and over. This does serve to bed the rings in quite reasonably quickly without the possibility of overheating the internal engine components.

After 10 mins running like this let the engine cool down completely.

I brought the 4 cylinder engine short block high performance manual. <----- Good book! :p

Tuning developments are running mine in for 700 miles starting with no boost and then slowly increasing, i was told not to rev hard and not to go on motorways where my revs would stay constant

I did about 10miles not giving it too much

Dropped the oil

100 miles letting the rings open up (let the gears slow you down to pull the rings out, and high gear up hills.

Drained the oil again

250 miles doing the same thing

Drained the oil

Another 250 miles giving it more

Drained the oil

Same again for 250 miles

Dropped the oil

Filled it up with Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 and thrashed it!

For all the running in, I used Millers Competition Running-in oil, but you could just use cheaper mineral oil.

4,000miles on and it's going alright