Phone scams from windows techs

As we are a business we get A LOT of scam callers some times 20 in a day so instead of just hanging up i like to have some fun with them. Now im a qualified IT Tech as well as a business owner.

So just had my usual indian gent called jonh from windows support call today so i thought ive got time lets just see where this goes.

so i did what he asked and he showed me errors on my pc which arent errors they are just windows events lol all pc's have them. but i said "oh no theres a lot of them please help.."

he then asked me to goto the ammyy.com remote admin site, which is a legit site, but scammers are using it for their purposes.

he said what can you see on the screen, can you see a green bar with remote admin??

i said "no, it comes up with a red bar with a bunch of letters on it."

can you read me what you see he asks, i said "it doesnt make sense to me, can i read you the letters and see if you understand them??

t.h.i.s. i.s. a. s.c.a.m. c.a.l.l.e.r."

he didnt understand what i was seeing.

i said "T.H.I.S. I.S. A. S.C.A.M. C.A.L.L.E.R"

again he was confused, obviously doesnt understand reading english, so i helped.

i said "it looks like it says THIS IS A SCAM CALLER hahahaha you think im a mug how many people do you get with this scam to actually give you remote access to their computer, you fecking tube hahahaha."

CLICK....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Jamie 1 - Scam artists 0

Might record the next one for shits and giggles.

i used to work in a call center and the amout of people that would mention they had been scamed by people calling them up claiming to be a random company and asking for bank details was impressive tbh

do you have to inform them they are being recorded???

yea your ment to inform them at the very start of the call but it only realy plays a part if it was for things like evidence in court or stuff

I had one of these at work yesterday and said to the guy 'oh no is a big scary monster going to jump out of my monitor and eat me?' he had no clue what i was going on about, i tried to play along a bit but then i got bored and just hung up :search::rolleyes: