Best way to clean a rocker cover?

I`m thinking of cleaning up the rocker cover on my n/a ep91 as its got a bit corroded after years of road shite and general crap.

Whats the best and cheapest way? I`m thinking of a Dremel and wire wheel, then a bit of Autosol polish on it afterwards. Would this work or no? Thinking of doing this while its still on the car too.

Try some wet & dry emery paper starting with a low grade and working up to 1500 or 2000,then some autosol polish should give it a shine,all can be done when rocker covers still on.

Well i had a go today at my rocker cover with a dremel and brass wire wheel. didnt do a lot to the cover but worked wonders on my exhaust manifold till the wire wheel wore out. Think i`ll have another go at it when i get a new wheel. And work out a better way to clean the cover, Want em shiney, but as i live in a flat it has to be done on the car :( , unless someones got a garage.lol

I used one of those. No idea what you UK guys call it, but here in Denmark we call it a Stålbørste :D (Steelbrush). Google translate call it a wire brush.

kwb-staalboerste-75mm.jpg

The result

19064_1371997622317_1303058533_31066153_7477661_n.jpg

Some paint: (The primer didn't hold, so the paint dropped off.)

40550_1579692694564_1303058533_31609935_5720618_n.jpg