yeah i thought it was a bit low, equal but low. no its not forged, standard engine, after an engine to use for my 4efte conversion but finding a good one is proving difficult!

need one with good compression that comes ideally with gearbox and all ancillaries

Wouldn't say thats very high at all. Most modern engines run a lot higher compression ratio, and also a higher bmep.

It's the low compression of these engines that allow such tuning without much fuel modifications.

• 1 year later...

i done a compression test on mine and it was 100,100,60,100 i kn ow cycliner 2 is low and i think its a cracked ringland but i was wondering why the other 3 cylinders are so low too? could the rings be bad in all 4? would replacing the damaged piston and 4 new rings solve this?

i done a compression test on mine and it was 100,100,60,100 i kn ow cycliner 2 is low and i think its a cracked ringland but i was wondering why the other 3 cylinders are so low too? could the rings be bad in all 4? would replacing the damaged piston and 4 new rings solve this?

Have you tried a wet test? Drop a teaspoon of oil down each bore, if the reading rises then you have a ring/cylinder problem. If it doesn't it will most likely be a headgasket issue.