Castle Combe Damper rates on Meister Rs?

Japfest is just around the corner and I want to know the best damper rate to run on my car on track.

From what I understand it's a relatively bumpy track compared to say Donington Park circuit. Any suggestions on what rates to run?

Thanks,

Amjad

I've not had coilovers on my car on track before so not really sure what settings to use!

I have the car on 5 clicks from soft for road use. Does 20/32 clicks sounds okay or can I push it to be a bit harder at Combe?

You want less clicks on the back because the rear springs are harder than the front

Ive got 10-5 in atm iirc almost perfect for road use, increase your settings from the norm and see how you like it can always change it after your first go....lol stop worrying and go have fun!!

Oh I didn't realise that! I'll soften my rear ones then

I did use them on 16 16 before, can't remember how I found them but soft is a bit bouncy too

Haha I want to get it right as I'm only on for one session at Combe! My first session at Donington was spoiled by the fact that my tyre pressures were really high, I just wanna get the best out of the car :)

Haha I haven't really experimented to be honest! Just had it on 16 16 for a few hundred miles on Motorway after fitting them then went to 10 10 and now 5 5

Might turn it up more at front and see how it is on road

Haha, well I fitted them due to my rears rubbing on lowered springs, so thought straight away I'll make them harder, I

Assumed was about 15 from soft as the manual said

They came at 13 from

Soft but they

We're actually set harder after clicking back

Then counting

Seem okay at current setting though, stiff but fun.

According to Meister R's website the front is harder than the rear...

5kg front, 4kg rear..

You want less clicks on the back because the rear springs are harder than the front

Ive got 10-5 in atm iirc almost perfect for road use, increase your settings from the norm and see how you like it can always change it after your first go....lol stop worrying and go have fun!!

As for suspension setup, its all down to personal preference. Having somebodys elses setup might not suit your driving. Go out and see how its going, then pop in and adjust bits at a time. Is it an open pitlane your doing?

No its just for one session at Japfest so I only have one chance to get it right

I just wanted to see what the general consensus was, do people often crank coilovers right up for track or would you just end up skipping over any bumps?

So they wont let you into the pits at all if you do want to change anything? Bit kek if they wont...

Anyway, if you go slightly harder than your road setup (if dry) and go and enjoy yourself, that would be the easiest way to do it. Dont worry about being the fastest. ;)

If its wet soften the thing off but not fully.

No its just for one session at Japfest so I only have one chance to get it right

I just wanted to see what the general consensus was, do people often crank coilovers right up for track or would you just end up skipping over any bumps?

So they wont let you into the pits at all if you do want to change anything? Bit kek if they wont...

Anyway, if you go slightly harder than your road setup (if dry) and go and enjoy yourself, that would be the easiest way to do it. Dont worry about being the fastest. ;)

If its wet soften the thing off but not fully.

I turned it up to 10 5 and they felt a lot better! Might just wack it up and see how it goes! Yeah as it's only the one session that lasts 15-20mins there's not much time to stop etc so I'd rather not pull in until I have to

I've got 24/18 on the Rex. I finding the damping perfect. just wish i had bought harder springs. 10k front and 7k rear.

Round the track im going to have them 28/22

What did you have them on the EP round silverstone?

Quality thanks :)

I know what you mean, with 10 5 the back feels quite rolly compared to the front and even the front could be tighter so hopefully that should be a nice set up!

My setup on miester R's on the road are Front/15 Rear/10

Everytime i go on track i up the Fronts to 25 and the rears to 20. Ive used this method on Cadwell, Lydden and Brands Hatch and its very good but it all depends on how much the car weighs and other suspension components you have added :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same apart from rear ARB, but mine is fully polybushed, LSD and R888 so just play around on the day with the rates and see what you think is best.