am i doing something wrong ?

i am running my glanza at 1 bar i have a rrfpr set at 3.1bar and a hks fcd set at 9 but not decatted as yet (but i do have one), i know im gonna get get people saying get it rolling roaded and that, which i am in the process of doing but i wanna get my last few mods before hand.

anyway back to the problem at hand i had been hitting fuel cut and it was bringing up the the engine management light so i changed the fcd as i suspected a faulty fcd but now with new fcd fitted im getting no engine management light but still the ocassional jolt hinting its still hitting fuel cut.

my question is my fuel pressure to low or is something else at fault i.e no decat ??

just dont wanna pay for a rr and waste the session if you get what i mean

any help would be great :thumbsup: thanks

thats what i thought also a wideband and set afr myself as my local tuners dont wanna know unless im running a management system :(

so was your fuel to low or high ?

My afr was waaaay too high (lean). Would say get a wideband on it before you turn up the pressure though because yours might be the opposite. It's a very hard guessing game is fuel pressure unfortunately. Mines not spot on but it's 14 on normal driving and 11-12 on boost , and it pulls fine now with no misfiring or flat spots :)

My afr was waaaay too high (lean). Would say get a wideband on it before you turn up the pressure though because yours might be the opposite. It's a very hard guessing game is fuel pressure unfortunately. Mines not spot on but it's 14 on normal driving and 11-12 on boost , and it pulls fine now with no misfiring or flat spots :)

surley i can just go to a (not so fussy) tuners and they can tell me my afr and rectify any iregularitys ?

Do you have 2 bungs in your decat or are you running an adapter to the ecu?

i do have 2 bungs got the second one on my decat taken off and the one supplied welded on. No not running anything to the ecu i notice there is a white wire for that but i think thats more for piggy back ecu

ill give it a try on 8 see how it goes,

but im pretty sure its due to the rrfpr as cars not bringing up engine management light when it happens so says to me its tricking the ecu so the fcd working ??

Yeah preferably get it checked on rollers though so you can see what's happening right through the rev range. A reasonable tuners shouldn't charge you too much :).

The white wire is usually for data logging? (mines an aem so might be different) you can get an adapter to change the voltage output range of the wideband to the range needed by the ecu :). Was a nightmare trying to get the bottom bung out of my decat, blow torch and breaker bars and all sorts, nearly snapped the engine mounts it was that tight lol :p

Yeah preferably get it checked on rollers though so you can see what's happening right through the rev range. A reasonable tuners shouldn't charge you too much :).

The white wire is usually for data logging? (mines an aem so might be different) you can get an adapter to change the voltage output range of the wideband to the range needed by the ecu :). Was a nightmare trying to get the bottom bung out of my decat, blow torch and breaker bars and all sorts, nearly snapped the engine mounts it was that tight lol :p

i see i just had the bottem bung ground off only cost me £10 to have the new one welded

i spoke to a guy at Atspeed in rayleigh but he really wasnt interested unless i had aftermarket engine management, when i told him my setup he just said "no matter what u do u will always hit fuel cut unless you have some proper management" which i know hes got the right idea aftermarket management is the way to go but doesnt mean rrfpr and fcd wont be effective also if its setup correctly which is kinda why i rang him ???

Edited by russ78

tryed it setting 8 for a day and it did hit fuel cut :( , im really at a loss i need to know if a fcd is wired up will it not hit fuel cut at all or are there certain limits ?

cheers matey,

but this isnt symptoms this is proper fuel cut jolting the whole car, maybe i havnt wired the fcd in correct ? i checked over and over again just dont make sense you know what i mean