is my viscous coupling working properly?

hey guys i bought my 95 out of the garage charged the battery and fired her up...wanted to see if the viscous coupling was working properly so blocked the car up and all 4 wheels span ok, but when i had the back wheels on the floor and front wheels still on blocks, i could bring the clutch up a bit on low revs and front wheels still turning obviously, but car only moved a tad...as if it wasnt 100% locking the back wheels up.

it seemed to grip/lock the back wheels up harder when revved. is this working correctly? i thought that it locked up completely if the front wheels turned any faster than the back.

Edited by richglanzav

Enzo or wee john are the guys to ask id say bud. fire enzo a pm or wee john on tgtt ;) im still not 100% clear on the way the system fully works. saying that bean maybe worth a pm too he seems to understand the way it works well.

Guest Enzo

hey only 2 wheels should turn on the same side when the eps eather that or the others spin in th other direction(cant mind)

in the air as they are open diffed at the front and back, your viscous coupler sounds like its working alright, it only punts 40percent of power to the rear wheels though so aye a rev would help with the 85ps.

have you had it out in any snow?

hey only 2 wheels should turn on the same side when the eps eather that or the others spin in th other direction(cant mind)

in the air as they are open diffed at the front and back, your viscous coupler sounds like its working alright, it only punts 40percent of power to the rear wheels though so aye a rev would help with the 85ps.

have you had it out in any snow?

nah man not long after i drove back down from yours after collecting her i lost my job lol so shes been in storage for flippin ages...but im putting her back on the road now. ile just test her on some gravel or sumthing and see if all 4 hook up properly.