white smoke

Getting white smoke and smell of burning oil out of my exhaust once you lift off the throtle, no smoke coming out of the roker cover or any strange noises but I do have a leak on my lower camshaft seal/sump (drives side) any ideas gents?

White Smoke is Water... Usually (Steam)

Black Smoke is Fuel...

Blue Smoke is Oil...

ye got that one dude its white/light blue not thwe usual dark blue of oil burning.

I have just done a rebuild of the turbo side of things and cleaned the block / service engine all whilst still in the car so all i can think of is maybe a little bit of water has entered my oil return somehow :wacko: so i think another oil and filter change hopefully will sort it fingeres crossed

And thanks for the advise guys, so much love for this site and users :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

is there any mayo aroudn the inside of the oil cap to indicate oil and water mixing?

Loosing any oil or water?

No mate, no idications of the head gasket at all. and as i have a camshaft seal leak its hard to tell weather im using oil

Fix the oil leak and check. These are old cars and if its modded theres a good chance the fuelling would never be perfect anyway. If you dont think your down on power. Loosing oil or water then tbh i wouldnt worry about it probly just condensation in your exhaust.

Fix the oil leak and check. These are old cars and if its modded theres a good chance the fuelling would never be perfect anyway. If you dont think your down on power. Loosing oil or water then tbh i wouldnt worry about it probly just condensation in your exhaust.

Well thats another thing ive just fitted a new exhaust aswell but the smoke was there before