I run the same dump valve and set up on mine, it always chatters and only dumps at about 0.8 bar of boost.

I'm sure it's because the springs are too stiff. Try adjusting the screw out has far as it will go :)

It's got to be the springs I may get one of the weaker springs some time see what happens :)

I run the same dump valve and set up on mine, it always chatters and only dumps at about 0.8 bar of boost.

I'm sure it's because the springs are too stiff. Try adjusting the screw out has far as it will go :)

If i adjusted it all the way out i would elimnate chatter on it completely so i dont think the spring inside this 1 is too stiff..Im sure its the vac pipe being tee'd that does it..

If i adjusted it all the way out i would elimnate chatter on it completely so i dont think the spring inside this 1 is too stiff..Im sure its the vac pipe being tee'd that does it..

I too took mine right out still chattered hence thinking the spring is way to hard for my application but saying that I chatter 24/7 at the moment as not running a bov at all lol

I ran it straight to the inlet manifold for a bit before I fitted my gauge in line and it made very little difference!

I think there designed to be stiff so they don't leak under a huge amount of boost like 2 Bar on a skyline ect lol

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to drag this topic back up..

I have a problem of my own now.. When running the Blitz BOV it worked fine and as i said before i had it set to chatter on low boost and dump on higher boost. Now i have the SSQV installed there seems to be some sort of change.

Ill start with the first thing i noticed.. My idle used to be above 1000rpm but is now between 600-800rpm. All vac pipes are reinforced and hard, no air leaking.

I also have a blitz DC boost gauge which tells me the peak boost i have reached (since reset of the peak) and with the Blitz BOV it peaked at .95 bar. Now it maxes at .8bar. Never goes any higher. Also the car seems a little slower since the change of DV. Probably because its now only boosting to .8bar. The only things that are different is the setup of the BOV and the BOV itself. Below is a pic of how i have it setup. (Yes it is a bodge lol)

21o4j79.jpg

love the coke bottle lid ^^^^^^^^^^^

also i think the problem is that the blitz bov needs more air flow through it to lift the piston inside. also could do to be nearer the inlet maybe? that way you have charged air already flowing in the correct direction to vent out of the DV?

LOL.. fitted perfectly over the hole :) .

Yea i was thinking that its maybe because of the long distance from the intake the actual BOV is now ive had to relocate it. The blitz had the correct size adapter to fit directly onto the existing pipe on the intake whereas the SSQV had a larger diameter adapter plate so needed to use an old rad hose..

Any suggestions on how to adapt to the larger size but keep it close to the intake and reduce the amount of pipework ?

that would explain sooooo much mine used to chatter alot but i always though it was cause the spring inside is to strong if hes got rid of his A/C use the one theat used to be for that on the inlet mani :)

Sorry to be a pain, which ac bits can you remove from the inlet mani? Don't want to leave unnecessary bits in there?