Hi all.. Ive just traded my old Blitz for an HKS with matt on here.. When i originally had the blitz it wouldnt dump, but only flutter. After some investigating it was to do with the vacuum pipe as it seems the blitz relies on a dedicated vacuum pipe to work properly. I had it coming from a t-piece (1 pipe to BOV other to boost gauge in the car) I cant remember exactly what i did or where i got the other vacuum pipe from so that it wasnt part of a t-piece.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Matt has the same arrangement as me with a t-piece. Is there another vacuum pipe he can use or some other workaround ? Im sure some other blitz BOV users have encountered this so if you could show us the way to get it to dump properly it would be appreciated :)

Thanks.

D

cheers for the heads up mate..Glad i wasnt the only 1 with this problem at first.

I remember when i first bought it and it wasnt dumping i was like "WTF" thought the guy had sold me a duff 1 but he put it back onto his car and it worked perfectly. In the back of my mind i think my problem was that i was using a soft silicone rubber hose which when under vacuum "squeezed" itself together obviously blocking itself to the BOV. Matt says he's using samco's but maybe he means only for the pipe from the turbo to the bottom of the BOV (large diameter hole which is connected to the original Re-circ valve.

Ill have a look under my bay now to try and find where exactly i have my pipe coming from :)

Are you using the Newer Blitz BOV Joz ? The 1 i had was the adjustable 1 with the nut and screw on top so you could tension the spring to give you whatever sound you like. I had it flutter on low boost and full dump on anything over .5-.6 bar.

Im not sure if the newer blitz BOV has an adjustment screw ?

That looks exactly how i had mine setup when i first had it.. Ill go check mine now and take a pic.. see if i took the vac for the gauge or bov from somewhere else ;)

Ahh ive found the answer :D

Check this pic

123ps37.jpg

Use the pipe you have now direct to the DV and then put the t-piece for your boost gauge in the pipe shown above in the pic.. ;)

Let me know how you get on dude.. Im 99% sure it will be whooshing like a goodun if you set it up like i have shown in the pic.. Like i said before it seems the Blitz needs a direct feed of vacuum in order to work properly.. any drop in vac pressure seems to make the piston in the DV not lift..

:D

by the way. loving the garden house breather :p hahahaha

Let me know how you get on dude.. Im 99% sure it will be whooshing like a goodun if you set it up like i have shown in the pic.. Like i said before it seems the Blitz needs a direct feed of vacuum in order to work properly.. any drop in vac pressure seems to make the piston in the DV not lift..

:D

by the way. loving the garden house breather :p hahahaha

Right so, I have to cut the line and put the Tpeice in there.

I'll have to buy a longer vac line so it reaches the inlet.

Where you have put yours my wiring is loose* see pic below

abb42233.jpg

fc60fa34.jpg

When needs must!! Haha all I have at the moment dude haha

On your bottom pic, see the 2 rubber pipes ? splice the pipe that runs directly behind your top mount fat pipe (comes from the metal injector type thing to the part that is connected onto where your Induction kit is, refer to my pic) use the t-piece there to goto your boost gauge. Then the pipe on your original pic should be 1 pipe with no t-pieces etc just straight into the BOV...

It only works well when you drive it.. if you just rev it without it being in gear you will need to rev high to get it to dump.. especially if you have the screw wound tight.. If you loosen it the flutter should go.. Maybe it wont work that way because you have relocated your air filter ? so you have that 1 open ended pipe (bottom pic where your 3rd finger is near)

Because i still have the stock Intake pipe and induction kit on the end the piece in your pic is connected to that.. but obviously yours has nowhere to go so its just sat the flopping about.. Im unsure if any air comes out of the pipe .

Anyone have any ideas ? :)

Nothing comes out of the pipe where my 3rd finger is on that pic the little unit just hangs down.

I could set it up like you say with the splice in the pipe and the t-peice in there and a straight line from bov to inlet and let you know?

If anyone is running one of these on standard top mount and relocated filter, pics and info on how you have it set up would be greatly appreciated :)

That may be the problem.. as you can see in my pic that piece is actually fitted into the standard intake pipe. Because you have a relocated 1 maybe that is the problem.. But it should dump if you disconnect the t-piece to your gauge and have 1 pipe straight to the BOV.. Sorry i cant help any more mate as i dont know how it works with the relocated filter :/ .. Im sure later on someone will be too sunburnt to stay outside so will be on here to lend a hand and give some advice :)

I. Although you have the boost gauge t-piece where i had mine.. The DV i sent to matt worked perfect with just the 1 pipe (no t-pieces or any other pipes connected, just from the throttle body (if it is that) to the bov itself) It shouldnt be the spring tension otherwise it wouldnt have worked properly on mine..

I run stock boost (solenoid removed) and it peaks at around .85 bar on full boost.

Appreciate the input guys.. lets hope we can get matt "whooshing" :)

I. Although you have the boost gauge t-piece where i had mine.. The DV i sent to matt worked perfect with just the 1 pipe (no t-pieces or any other pipes connected, just from the throttle body (if it is that) to the bov itself) It shouldnt be the spring tension otherwise it wouldnt have worked properly on mine..

I run stock boost (solenoid removed) and it peaks at around .85 bar on full boost.

Appreciate the input guys.. lets hope we can get matt "whooshing" :)

Like I said... I'll get it set up like ^ that and then see what happening... I'm also running standard boost that peaks around .8

Edited by Matt1878

Another thing you could try matt is take the BOV apart.. Its a piece of piss.. just be careful when you do so u dont lose the spring. (its big so will b hard to lose but just incase :p ) you will be left with a brass part which is what the pressure slides up and down inside the valve.. Make sure that slides freely, even put some wd40 in if you think it might help.. If it moves freely (which it should) then the BOV is fine..

I packed it well but u never know if it got banged about on its way to u etc.. Just do it as a precaution and for piece of mind..

like i said it is 100% working.. I would put my life on that statement.. It just seems the blitz 1's are a bit like women.. Need everything to be perfect :D

I run the same dump valve and set up on mine, it always chatters and only dumps at about 0.8 bar of boost.

I'm sure it's because the springs are too stiff. Try adjusting the screw out has far as it will go :)