whats happened to my brakes lol WMS 4pots

orite dudes got a lil problem with the 4 pot kit i bought 2nd hand. they lack feel and when i brake they grind like mad...but when i brake hard they do this *see video*

what ya reckon is wrong with em? i got some spare pads but i think its the calipers?

Anodised aluminium calipers have a tendancy to creak, seems to be to do with the fact the surface of anodising is VERY hard. When I undo the bolts to split calipers they really "crack", then creak/squeek as I undo them!

Google squeeking wilwood to see how often race calipers do this - I'm not pulling your leg! :D

That said, yours seem very noisy, might be worth re-building them to swap the spacers left>right - make sure you double-check the bolts are not bottoming out (or make sure they go back in the same holes), and torque them to 30FtLb.

Also I'm wondering if they are installed incorrectly in some way, are you sure the calipers/brackets/bolts are not touching the discs? Has every bolt got a washer?

well nick at TD fitted them so i woulda defo thought they were installed right mate - just like to add im in no way blaming TD for this. i took the risk buying a 2nd hand kit, and toffinator djude nah they dont stick on they just make that noise when pedal is pressed lol. i got a feelin its the calipers maybe but i honestly dont know.

Edited by richglanzav