Well here I am FINALY doing what i knew i should have done a year ago :angry2:

always wanted a ek9 but never been able to own one due to being poor lol

beggining of this month i had 3 projects. sold them all and done what i wanted, buy a reaaaly basic civic and re do everything it lacks.

so set out to find a VSM or black ej9 or ek3

no joy, lookd at a few and they were all to much and mega scratty.

then i found this lil ssb ej9, 98k, 2 owners, Non sunroof, non elecy windows, No rot other than slight on rear of both back arches but nothing realy.

kjljh.jpg

kl.jpg

So im setting out with the intension of turning it into a well balanced car that i can use everyday but still go to weekend sprints and trackdays.

Things I've brought so far are-

Meister R Zeta R coilovers

Buddyclub Red/Grey bucket seat

B16a2 engine

Ek9 Hub swap.

Things i need to get next are-

LCA's,

SuperLow seat rail,

Totaly overhaul hubs,

B series alternator (as engine is missing one)

Get engine in and running.

Coilovers and seat are in the post as we speak

Engine im picking up tomoz

Hubs i should be getting next weekend.

C&C welcome

So, I've been a busy git getting parts togeather but sadly havent fitted anything yet :(

gunna wait till I've got all the suspention orientated stuff togeather then put it all on as one job lot, saves having to keep adding bits on every weekend. so heres some pics of the things I've aquired in the last week.

B16A2 Curently in bits, just need a Flywheel, Driveshafts, Engine mounts and Starter motor and im good to go, Bar things like water pump, cambelt kit, engine/gearbox oil, new clutch ect ect

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

Loom (AKA scary tangled mess)

DSC00394.jpg

anyone know if i can use this ECU as it is? or will it need a basemap and socketing? its a P30 and has ASH on the side?

DSC00387.jpg

Now to my fav buys :D

DSC00389.jpg

Zeta R's

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

bc_seats_small.gif

buddy%20club%20seat%20rail_small.jpg

LCAEK.jpg

why do i have a set of 5 stud wheels hmm? lol

Picking these up tomoz

1db2ffce.jpg

a85534be.jpg

At work I've orderd new pads and discs all round and they are waiting there til i get paid again lol.

Had to get some front calipers and carriers as you can see in the pics the front hubs dont have any. so searched around for a few days and got some fronts aswell

DSC00388.jpg

Going to get both front and rear calipers recond at my work next week so all should be working shweet.

Its amazing how much stuff I've brought/fetched in a week when 5 of those days I've been working :p

so far spent over 2k :shock: and I've spent my months wages within 3 hours of getting paid....need to calm down but i carnt lol

so abit of an update,

I booked a week off from work before a sprint day i was going to so i could get all the bits put on the car and fine tune them while at the day...That didnt go to plan

started on the monday and the car didnt have 4 wheels back on the ground til the following monday

started at the front and EVERY bolt eaither snapped or was rounded by rust.

after 3 days (yes 3 days) working on the front end i managed to get to the back (which i was dreading if it was anything like the front) to my supprise every bolt on the back came out without any probs at all :dance:

but then we had probs getting the right brake hoses :frustrate and ended up getting some off a MG of all things

anyway cut along story (7 days long story lol) I couldnt have done everything without Jake coming and lending a hand, so thanks dude :matrix: .

after we where finnishd bolting everything back up, was time to bleed the brakes, bled them all, took it out for a test run....pedal to the floor...bugger..

jake had gone home by now so i was by myself, so re bled them and tryed again, nope, so then re bled them and tryed again...abit better. so one last time and was abit more to what i expected without changeing the prob valve or MC.

anyway heres some pics

DSC00396-1.jpg

IMG137.jpg

IMG135.jpg

IMG138.jpg

IMG132.jpg

IMG-20120413-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20120413-WA0000.jpg

Things that have been changed-

EK9 Hubs

EK9 Calipers (all freshly rebuilt)

EK9 H/Brake cables

DC2 wheels sprayed Renault (booo) Tuncsten grey

Blueprint Discs Front/Rear

Blueprint Pads Front/Rear

new Ball joints

new Wheel bearings

new Front upper arms

new Front lower arms

new Drop links

new Track rod ends

Cyberspeed lca's

MeisterR Zeta R coilovers

Energy suspension RTA bush

Totaly stripd bar the carpet

No Sound deadening

Private number plate on.

Carbon Spoiler and bonnet will be added today aswell so will add pics abit later.

thinking of spraying the interior (and engine bay when engines out) a differnt colour not sure what yet maybe champ white or a more in your face purple, not sure

im off to a friends garage now to borrow his ramp so i can drill out a snapped bolt on the anti roll bar bush frame (doh) then everything is done and can crack on with the engine naughty.gif

will get proper pics up asap

So heres some better pics, (im rubbish for taking pics so my best ones are stil shite :)

carnt belive how different it looks in such a short period of ownership, looks/drive like a total differnt car :w00t: by the way sticker on the bonnet is DEFINATLY coming off lol

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

Also put some skateboard grip tape on my pedals, works a treat and is cheap as fark :idea:

DSC00402-1.jpg

Owned this for 2 months now. spent lots n im abit disapointed now. i brought it as i missd my last ek but it doesnt seem the same as i rememberd. :(

unsure what to do. dunno wether to crack on, spend more money on it and get it done. or sell up and get a glanza which I've fancyd for 2 and ahalf years lol.

anyway we had a lil photoshoot the othernite so will post them up when im home. c&c welcome

B20's tend to be unreliable, tbh i think its down to whos tuned it as theres abit of a patern (not nameing names) rarther b16 turbo as there cheaper when they go bang :p

Good build so far man, quite like civics. My mate just melted his ek9 at crail last saturday, he had it on the strip, missed 4th, oil light came on and his engine seized. He says hes gonna rebuild it with high compression pistons etc but b16b rebuild wont be cheap.

Anyway man i reckon you should turbo the civic, be a shame not to after all the work you put in.

Nice work. Nice to change alot all in one session, makes such a big difference. The skateboard grip tape idea is utter genius. Going to be stealing that idea me thinks for my project. Keep up the good work buddy.

Jason :D

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Dunno just after owning one before and not owning a glanza it just leaves me wondering, only realy after 200-220bhp out of whatever i build FWD tbh. Anyone ownd a civic and a glanza that can give me some scope on it?

Jason if you pm me your address ill send u some grip tape if u want as I've got 3metres lol save u buying some.

Edited by JDM Bear

I have both mate, and i do love glanzas theyr beautiful cars and i could never sell mine, but recently i bought the civic mentioned above and i love it, your not after crazy power so maybe u would prefer a glanza running stock internals TD04'd or maybe buy a B18C for yours put an EK9 kit on it? I personally like the civic for the shear power of the engines and reliabilty, i plan on building an EK9 B18C turbo next year

Yeah thats what i wanted to build a td04'd glanza. the apeal of a screamer pipe and chatter realy draws me toward a glanza. (I know i could turbo my civ but hey) if anyones interested in a swap/px let me know. got a low milage b16 swap that can go with the car aswell. can pm full spec

• 2 months later...