Hey all, popped a driveshaft - knuckle came clean out of the green housing and split the boot, though the housing stayed in the box. Took the shaft out and the green housing and popped in the new driveshaft (cheers iddy!) all was well and good - the spring washer clicked into the box and everything went back as planned. Rolled the car back and locked over both ways all was well, so took it for a little drive, got down my mates lane and onto the main road, I accelerated in a straight line gently, made about 15mph and pop. Driveshaft was hanging again. Needle rollers everywhere, lost a bearing casing and it's done the same thing. Left the housing in the gearbox (a bitch to get out twice within a couple of hours lol) and split the cv boot. The housing seems fine internally bar a lack of grease (as its now all down the road) but now I'm to the point of having to get a second shaft :/

My real question is- WHY is it doing this? Alignment is fine, albeit ever so slightly out, and there's no visible damage to the wishbone or anything else for that matter.

Was it fully flexible before you re-fitted it? Like you could twist the joint in a full circle? Ive made a boo-boo before where i locked the joint, didnt realise....fitted it all and as soon as i took it off the ramp it popped, taking the roller casing clean off, like that pic.

Yes it was all good

What do you mean you locked the joint? Like uoy jammed it so it didn't roll etc?