Go pro cameras!

im in the process of buying a go pro, record some fon board footage at japfest 2, donnington park!

My question is which model do people reccomend and whats the footage like picture/quality of video etc

Mike.

ive got the go pro hd hero motorsport - you can pick them up off amazon for around £165 delivered now.

You can however get the new HD hero 2 motorsport for another £50 or so which has larger MP camera - so better quality.

All depends on how much you want to spend, i ordered the roll cage mount for mine and a decent sd card and also the LCD screen which those 3 together come to over £120 in addition to buying the camera.

I am very happy with the camera though and for what im using it for (track day footage for my own use) i dont see the need now in spending an extra £50 or so on the hero2

HD pro 2, used one on a Downhill cycle recently and quality is awesome. Stood up to me falling off too !

lol thanks for that mate, its pretty much the feedback ive got from other mates!

ive got the go pro hd hero motorsport - you can pick them up off amazon for around £165 delivered now.

You can however get the new HD hero 2 motorsport for another £50 or so which has larger MP camera - so better quality.

All depends on how much you want to spend, i ordered the roll cage mount for mine and a decent sd card and also the LCD screen which those 3 together come to over £120 in addition to buying the camera.

I am very happy with the camera though and for what im using it for (track day footage for my own use) i dont see the need now in spending an extra £50 or so on the hero2

is there massive diff in picture quality between the two, something thats massively noticed?? i knw there not cheap, neither does it comes with sd cards and extras but its a price im willing to pay for abit of track footage!

Get the motorsports suction cup, here is a vid with the sucker used to stick to the front fog light, probably doing about 110 - 120 mph!!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKbSL_GWyzA&feature=plcp

Picture qulaity is awesome, i take it this is the HD hero 2?

And screamer sounnds mint!

Edited by Michael!

These are crackig cameras, just depends how much use you will get out of it to make it worth while and if you need that quality. This was done on a £13 camera :p

[media=]http://youtu.be/PWEE1gDtEqI

Not the best in the world I know but it was £13 with 4gb card, tie wrapped to the bumper so I wasn't worried if it came off and smashed

These are crackig cameras, just depends how much use you will get out of it to make it worth while and if you need that quality. This was done on a £13 camera :p

[media=]http://youtu.be/PWEE1gDtEqI

Not the best in the world I know but it was £13 with 4gb card, tie wrapped to the bumper so I wasn't worried if it came off and smashed

HA gone from one extreme to the other, £13 for a camera and the picture quality is half decent! what car was it on??