levin twin pot !! HELP!!!

Could somebody please help me on putting on my levin twin pots everytime i put them on the carrier scrapes against the inside of the disk! i start off by putting the disk on the 4 studs and putting all wheel nuts on so keeps the disk stable , then i put the carrier on, put the 2 17mm bolts in the back tighten them up and then i go to spin the disk and it scrapes i dont know how to get around it ? anybody help would be much appreciated pulling my hair out over this !! thanks

i think you need 6mm spacers machined up to go behind the disc. or pm shorty or ro55ifumi as they know of a disc that fits without the need of a spacer

i THINK* that the disc from the corolla diesel fits, unsure of model, but one of them will be able to tell you

if its not the right disc you have to put a spacer under the disc (on top of the hub) and get longer wheel studs aswel.

theres lots off different ways of going about fitting them thought but ^^^ that sounds like your problem ;) a machine shop could knock these up no problem!

i have the longer wheel studs and i bought spacers but i clearly have bought the wrong ones as they dont go behind the disk they go infront ! i wasnt told this when i bought them i was told they would go straight on no probs ! i dont know of any machine shops around my area :/ how much do you think it will cost me ?

the easiest way might be to measure the thickness of your old disc and have that cut up, all your bolt holes and the centrebore is the right size aswell.

all they need to do is machine the outer so the centre plate was left and was small enough to fit inside the new disc's. if i had an old set here id machine them up and send them to ya but unfortunately i dont.

im getting some 6mm washers tomoro just to test what it will be like to see whether it will work then if it does will try get some machined up some where ! ah thanks for the offer any way morgey !!

Jake

i see you read this http://www.ukstarlet...&id=2&record=19 and commented on the wiki.

You will need spacers depending on the disc's you have, i have run on standard length studs for the last 18 months and have done a couple of track sessions on them.

I run corrolla d4d discs that have to be machined down to fit

PM Grant or Shorty as they have a disc set up that does not require the spacer at all :)

John

316 discs or e30 ?

ive now put washers in behind the disk to bring it out 6mm and the carrier is still rubbing on the inside of the disk ? when you tighten the carrier up the disk wont move at all as the carrier is touching the disk!!