Alright people.

Im a new member lol,

Since i started to see glanza's driven about ayrshire i fell in love with them and ive been trying to find out alot more because i aim to have one in the near future. and i aint the brightest about Toyota's apart from knowing what a car looks like and its name, when i read on the forums i get confused when folk mention these acronyms/words eg: EP , JAM these are the two that really got me, could you explain these for me, and if there are any more? Thanks.

EP is the model designation for the starlet:

Ie;

KP60

21photo04.jpg

EP71

post111098431840se6.jpg

EP82-- Pre-facelift (zenki)

90-91starlet.jpg

EP82-- facelift (kouki) -- often referred to as quadlight

94-95(EP82-Facelift)starlet.jpg

EP91 (Glanza) -- pre- facelift

glanzaV962.jpg

EP91 (Glanza) -- Face-lift

dsc004311ou.jpg

But as the EP is just a reference to the model age as such the UKDM starlet N/A (naturally aspirated) is also referred to as an EP91, same as with the EP8x, EP7x KP6x etc substituting the x for whatever engine so the EP81 is an N/A, EP85 is diesel etc...

EP91 N/A

STARLET97.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAM is a starlet tuning/styling company in Japan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also you may have seen my Glanza around Ayrshire -- whereabouts you from?

First I wooed like to say welcome to UKSC hope you get all you want from It I no I did, between us we know just about all there is to no about starlets and are happy to help with all sorts of problems along the way :lol:

And I loved the starlets for beginnersâ?? it was excellent bud :blink:

cheers guys thanks for the welcome.

and yeah thanks the beginners guide to starlets :blink: thats me learning new stuff hehe.

next question would be for a glanza wheres the best import seller for glanza's within the uk (pref scotland) the only one that was near my self which i new of was GM imports in Kilmarnock but thats shut down so...

P.s. I come from Irvine usualy running around kilmarnock in my little quick silver 106

• 2 weeks later...