Help fitting wheel boss

Hi

Need help fitting steering wheel boss the plug thing as in picture comes in the way and i cant get the boss on? And if i remove the plug inwont be able to get the horn to work. Can somebody please help me how they fitted theirs?

3086c2c8.jpg

Do you just rip it off? The boss has got earth wire to horn plate thing , but the red and black horn wire where will i connect them if i bin the bit in the pic i know the go on horn button but what about other side

Edited by Hawwy
  • 3 weeks later...

If i take the full thing iff pictured then when putting me new steering wheel on ther is a massiv gap around the wheel because the steering cowl is shaped to the bit in picture and boss is smaller

Gap is probably unavoidable unless you make like a rubber spacer which I'm gonna try to, I'm sure if there was an easy way Socks would have done it lol ;)

And the horn just needs wiring direct mate, so the connector you unplugged from the horn needs wiring to the horn button

But what's on the other side of the squib(not taken mine off yet), I assume there will be the other side of the wires?

All the squib does i have metal plates inside which stay in contact even if the wheel is turned without tangling

N haha I'll see what I can do, depends when my

Omp rep

Arrives.

• 2 weeks later...