Is this repairable???? Got my refund :D

If I was to have it repaired I'd have it done by a bodyshop. Saying that though, I personally wouldn't bother due to the amount it'd cost and the fact that it will most likely appear again as you'll always be opening/closing the boot.

Who did you buy the spoiler off? PM me if you like.

i would fill the gaps with isopon, put a good strip or two of fiber glass just over the cracked areas, then i would isopon it back in to shape wit the least amount if isopon possible, its a bit of work but could end up sound.

depends how much they would charge to repair it if its too much just get another spoiler up to you really bud :thumbsup:

to be fair, I wouldnt be paying for the repairs as i should be well within my rights to get the money back i paid for the spoiler :) plus its a rare genuine item so would be quite hard to come across another :(

If I was to have it repaired I'd have it done by a bodyshop. Saying that though, I personally wouldn't bother due to the amount it'd cost and the fact that it will most likely appear again as you'll always be opening/closing the boot.

Who did you buy the spoiler off? PM me if you like.

I'll see if i can get a quote off a couple of places and see what they say with regards to it holding aswell :) and to be fair, once it is fitted (if it gets fixed) i will hardly be using the boot as it will be primarily used as a weekend/track car :thumbsup:

I bought it from a guy off ebay, i'll PM you now mate :)

Filler or spray foam and fiber glass

i would fill the gaps with isopon, put a good strip or two of fiber glass just over the cracked areas, then i would isopon it back in to shape wit the least amount if isopon possible, its a bit of work but could end up sound.

Cheers guys :) never thought of that :) would it maybe be a strong enough hold?

Worth keeping if genuine mate for sure ,it will probably

Not be a particularly cheap job to get it minty fresh again though mate but IMO I would take it to a body shop Least then u have some one to turn to if something goes wrong n your not kicking urself lol

Worth keeping if genuine mate for sure ,it will probably

Not be a particularly cheap job to get it minty fresh again though mate but IMO I would take it to a body shop Least then u have some one to turn to if something goes wrong n your not kicking urself lol

This is what im thinking mate :) i know these genuine spoilers are hard to come by now so if i can, would be worth salvaging it :)

Would be an easy repair at any good body shop bud

If no luck drop me a pm and il try and sort something out for you seeing as your just down the road! :)

Ahah, i forgot you worked in the repair industry mate ;) I shall PM you in a bit :)

Ill repair it for you. best bet would be to cut in to the cracks and repair with fibreglass and the part fill with epoxy resin you would then.be left with a small amount of filling/sanding work to get it ready for paint.

lol, you make it sound so easy ;) im waiting to hear back from a bodyshop in bristol then I shall PM you aswell ;)

Like James said jus drill out the cracks so they dont spread and use a bit of resin and fiberglass its great stuff to work with and the bit you repair if you do it correctly would prob be stronger than the rest of it. Dont be scared to get stuck in yourself theres very little a bit of sanding cant sort if you do make a mistake.

Edited by StuDoc 72

lol, i dont get what either of you mean by drilling out the cracks :( so on that note i might leave it to the professionals :) haha, i dont wana mess it up beyond repair! plus the bodyshop have just quoted my £150 for a full repair and respray which isnt that bad a price :)

lol, maybe but never to the quality he would be able to do it to :( nor could i spray it anyway :( lol plus the chump i bought it from will be giving me my money back to cover the costs ;)

lol, maybe but never to the quality he would be able to do it to :( nor could i spray it anyway :( lol plus the chump i bought it from will be giving me my money back to cover the costs ;)

suppose man, a friend of mine has a toms spoiler in the same nik, i would love to fix it up and put it on my car but i think i would need spliters on the bumpers wit it at least its a big spoiler.

suppose man, a friend of mine has a toms spoiler in the same nik, i would love to fix it up and put it on my car but i think i would need spliters on the bumpers wit it at least its a big spoiler.

dooooo it ;) would be a nice little project plus it gives you time to get the splitters if thats the way you wana go?

Who do you think I have bought it from? Plus he doesn't have a leg to stand on mate really, I got it through ebay and paid all my fees so should be protected if he don't wana cough up

Ill repair it for free if your stuck with the ebay thing etc :)

really? that would be fooooking awesome mate :)

I shall keep you posted once this bloke has decided what he wants to do :)

• 3 weeks later...

If you have brought it off who i think you have don't count on getting anything out of him some people have had problems in the past...

well I opened a case with ebay and I was offered a partial refund of £110 :) which I accepted so I dont feel as bad now :)