Black SR - Back from the dead

Hi guys

I thought I'd share another Starlet with you all. It's a Black 98 SR that has suffered head gasket failure. I bought it in May 2011 looking like this:

6e19a272.jpg

661460d7.jpg

However I ended up selling it to another member as he was really looking for a project. A year later he asked if I wanted to buy it back, and I thought why not?

It looked a bit different this time. It had a full Glanza kit fitted with a white bonnet, but no Glanza headlights. So the front end went back to the original look, and the original tailgate was refitted. The only Glanza bits left are the rear bumper and sideskirts. Andy (who I bought it back off) decided to rip out all the interior too, so I have a Glanza interior waiting to be fitted.

Plans:

Fit a new engine (managed to source one with 33k miles)

TTE style front splitter

Lowering springs (only has the original TTE rear springs)

Clear indicator lenses

Glanza NS rear light (no reverse light)

Full Glanza interior

A decent set of wheels (currently on steels)

I'll keep this thread updated with pictures. :)

I had seen this back last year when I met up with the owner, didn't know he purchased it off you lol, and he bought the white glanza bonnet from me, like you Siad he he wanted to kit it up as a rep and was trying to sort engine out on it as he just bought it.

• 3 months later...

Still not touched this since fitting a set of lowering springs about a week after my last post above. The old engines out but it doesn't look like the new one will be fitted on this side of the decade.. There's not enough hours in a day *sigh*