Plug and Play ECU

real men use emu's :p

plug and plays always seem to be impossible to find or like 3+ for sale at same time lol mickyboys looking for a blitz access to so you got some competition lol

Lol shut it you!!!!! you gna give me your emu for 300 quid? lol ive got 5 ton for ecu and thats it plus you know me mate want standard to always be an option so i dont wanna go chopping any wires.

cant help with budget sadly but its worth noting my emu has a feild harnes so it doesnt require any wire cutting at all the only thing thats needed is to run the greddy map sensor to the bulk head so if u wanted to go back to stock it would be safe as the plug and play :p

the e-manages are the better option cause once your done u can sell them for what u paid the only money u lose is for the actual mapping but for that extra money u get more power cause the map is suited to your car exactly and the plug and plays run richer to be safe aswell so u dont get as good mpg from the plug and play either so in the long run you would prob save money but obv its easyer to spend an extra few quid every month than to pay a lump sum for the unit to start.

a good option if u get the chance would be a e-manage blue on a ep91 feild harness it would be better that the plug and play and also u wouldnt have to cut any wires and they are a bit cheaper than the emu if u got a good deal could prob get it and get it maped for around £500

Edited by _shaun_

sounds like a shout mate i always thought with the emb there was some wire cutting required whats all these extra looms for though ive seen them with injector harnasses n shit i wouldnt know where to even start man. Much would it be for a re-map down in tht place in killie?

the field harness is basicaly a male and female plug with some long wires between it so rather than cutting into the cars loom u cut in to the field harness. then plug one side in to the e-manage and one side into the stock ecu when your done u remove the field harness and plug the loom back into the ecu and its like it was when it left the factory :p so aslong as its got a glanza field harness theres no wire cutting.

one thing to watch out for is the injector harnesses. mine is a later model were its actauly build into the unit itself some of the older models u had to buy a separate injector unit and wire that in aswell . cant remember when they changed it but they way to tell is undo the case to the e-manage and slide the board out it has a number stamped on it pretty sure mine is an E and from there u can search online and find if it needs the added injector harness or not.

my remap on the emu was around £200 i think that included checking over all the wiring and what not best bet would be give them a call. gary is the owner and chris is the mapper. just ask for a quote dunno if they would charge different for a blue to a ultimate . might be worth saying i told you to give them a shout as they done me some great deals there number is 07753137101 if u decided to go down that route

So using the field harness is a bit like the adapter for a cd player in your car i take it? and u splice the wires from the emb into the field harness? thats not already done? These injector looms do they go at the field harness aswell i take it? I knew they would get more power than a plug n play just didnt want the hassle but your kinda talking me round just depends what is easier to get a hold of.

yea just like for your cd player with out the field harness u are left to cut open the cars loom and arse around with all the wires wouldnt realy waste my time with that route tbh. and without the harness u need to pay the mapper to wire it up aswell. the injector harness goes with all the other emanage wires so aslong as u got a field harness your fine.

dont get me wrong plug and plays are great i had a blitz access to start but when i swaped to emu it was a fair difference in power and fuel usage and cost probaly £200 quid more to start but it also gave me the option to be an arsehole and sit poping flames and launching from traffic lights when i was bored :p

Haha dno if it be doin tht ma cars no quite as hardcore as yours lol but aye i like the idea of an emb whats the diff between that and emu obv one being stand alone but what else just features like launch control?

they are both piggybacks emu has a few features but only ones that are realy good for starlets would be it has far more control over fueling so u can run much bigger injectors also has the 2 stage rev limiter which is what gives the launch control effect and allows u to raise the factory rev limit to whatever u want so to be honest none off them realy would benefit you over the blue.