Think my big ends gone! Any advice?

Well basicaly drove all the way down to donington at the weekend, done two track sessions that went really well then the 400mile journey back home and everything was running like a dream.

THEN.......... Got in the car to drive to work early on monday morning and about 20mins up the road my bloody oil return pipe coming off the turbo popped off and dumped all my oil!

I noticed pretty quickly and pulled over and got it back on and filled up with oil, in the pissing rain i may add!!

So i made it to work like an hours drive away and the car was running a little bit rough, since then i have drove it twice for short periods and it seems to be getting alot worse now!!

One of my pals has told me it has probably spun a shell on the big end so im wondering what to do now?

Also oil pressure is very low and inconsistant!

Cheers for any help guys im really gutted about this!

Allan

prob wait for bit more advise i dont want to be responsible for u taking the sump off :p but that would be my first port of call i cant see it causing anymore damage but you never no till u get into it i guess. i had my oil return snap twice on me both brand new toyota pipes aswell lucky i swaped out for a silicone return now seems far safer.

Anything happen to your car when they snapped? Yeh mate i will wait for some more advice then prob take it off over the weekend! Im on the verge of breaking the car if i need to remove the engine again, im not cut out for that carry on haha :p

first time i was demisting windows and whole car just stunck of oil so went to have a peek and it was half filled when i had toped it up day before. then found the offending hose so was fine then. next time i parked in a car park there was a huge rainbow on the the ground leading to were i parked so was a slight give away i had an oil leak :p nothing ever came off it was a few months ago and still running fine but think it was just luck i spoted it/was on a short drives at the time.

ive herd of people changing the shells and it being ok and no a few people have just whiped the crank out had it reground new bearings and just done it all from under the car without removing the engine but till u no exactly what your dealing with its hard to tell with a ep its prob easier to just take out the engine. ive had debated breaking mine once or twice always seen it out to get it road worthy again and a quik bit of boost and its the last thing on my mind lol

Edited by _shaun_

first time i was demisting windows and whole car just stunck of oil so went to have a peek and it was half filled when i had toped it up day before. then found the offending hose so was fine then. next time i parked in a car park there was a huge rainbow on the the ground leading to were i parked so was a slight give away i had an oil leak :p nothing ever came off it was a few months ago and still running fine but think it was just luck i spoted it/was on a short drives at the time.

ive herd of people changing the shells and it being ok and no a few people have just whiped the crank out had it reground new bearings and just done it all from under the car without removing the engine but till u no exactly what your dealing with its hard to tell with a ep its prob easier to just take out the engine. ive had debated breaking mine once or twice always seen it out to get it road worthy again and a quik bit of boost and its the last thing on my mind lol

Yeh ino that if i fixed it i would be more than happy with the results and be more keen than ever haha just hope the forged rods and pistons are still ok and the block!

if theres any damage to block and u want to rebuild am building a 5e so if u can be arsed removing my engine £100 takes it for just basic engine.

did u build engine urself? if u did atleast its just machine work ull need to pay for

if theres any damage to block and u want to rebuild am building a 5e so if u can be arsed removing my engine £100 takes it for just basic engine.

did u build engine urself? if u did atleast its just machine work ull need to pay for

Didnt build it myself but i will be doing it with the help of an engine builder i know if need be this time! Anyone else got any advice before i take the sump off?

Craxk it open dude. id imagine that it will be fine. id say at worst another crank and new shells. pita i know just dont drive it or even start it until youve looked further as it could cause further damage :)

Cheers james, think i will get it stripped at the weekend and see what the damage is :(