my decat finally came

My decat finally come today, after i was sick of waiting and gutted my cat yesterday ( typical lol )

had a bit of trouble getting the 3 bolts which hold the bottom bracket of the cat to the exhaust. It is a good job that i bought an air compressor a few months ago with an impact wrench otherwise i would never have got the bolts loose. Even with my standard exhaust and manifold you can feel a big difference, the turbo spools up quicker and there is more midrange torque :)

HPIM0335.jpg

HPIM0333.jpg

the car will pass the mot fine as it don't need one. There is no uk equivalent of the car so it only needs to pass an idle test. I got it from america and it cost £124 delivered.

Hi shelly, the decat cost me £124 delivered from america from a guy on ebay, he does loads of bits for the gt's forged pistons manifolds gasket sets ect. Here is a link to him on ebay just email him for prices ect. clicky

What sort of stories? the only problem i had when fitting it was the brace was a bit too long and stopped the bolt from tightening, so i just took a bit off with my dremel and it fitted perfectly.

• 5 months later...
Do you recognise the picture in my sig shelly? lol

:ph34r::lol: copyright........ joking,it's a good photo for your car

"the only problem i had when fitting it was the brace was a bit too long and stopped the bolt from tightening, so i just took a bit off with my dremel and it fitted perfectly"

^^^^^^^^ hard to do?? and how? would it be the same for the glanza you reckon?

No it was easy, it only took 5 mins. The hardest part was removing the bottom bracket for old cat which connects to the exhaust, it took ages to loosen the bolts even with my air impact gun, apart from that was very easy. I think it would be the same for the glanza, i am very happy with the quality of the decat had it on since june and it still hasn't cracked.

Now that you have had more experience with the de-cat how is it now?

What difference are u noticing?

Better acceleration, top speed, mid pulling etc?]

Asking because i'm buying one in January with a bltiz replica Zorst!

No it was easy, it only took 5 mins. The hardest part was removing the bottom bracket for old cat which connects to the exhaust, it took ages to loosen the bolts even with my air impact gun, apart from that was very easy. I think it would be the same for the glanza, i am very happy with the quality of the decat had it on since june and it still hasn't cracked.

fingerscrossed huh it don't crack :ph34r:

am looking for a decat sometime next year, can't be bothered to look for a 2nd hand blitz one lol.

Now that you have had more experience with the de-cat how is it now?

What difference are u noticing?

Better acceleration, top speed, mid pulling etc?]

Asking because i'm buying one in January with a bltiz replica Zorst!

You notice the turbo spools up quicker and you get a little bit mor torque, they are deffo worth buying but make sure you get a braced one otherwise you will forever be getting it welded up.

Yeah i know what you mean shelly, the Blitz ones are like rocking horse poo to come by lol