Wheel scraping on guard

Hi there, I have a 1996 Glanza V that I have had for around three months. She's the first car I have owned and the car has 17" mags on it (were on when I got the car) and the front right wheel catches on the guard/chassis when it is at full lock turning left. This is the only wheel that does it and it has worn a small area of the guard down to bare metal. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a legal way to fix it?

My warrant of fitness is due in 2 days and they will fail the car because of this, I cannot put wheel spacers on either as they are not legal here in New Zealand :) Any help would be much appreciated

heres a couple pics in case they help

P1010899.jpg

P1010901.jpg

Easy to fix! Get hold of some smaller wheels for a couple of days. Must be a mate you know who's got some smaller wheels,17's are a bit big for a daily driver anyway. I run 16's and they look just as good without the rubbing.

Same thing happens to mine lad... I took the wheel off and gave it a few belts with a sledge hammer. Still rubs though on full lock though but not as bad... I have spacers, so Im changing my wheels soon to smaller...

I took the car to a mag and tire shop, turns out it was so simple, don't know why I hadnt thought of it! The tire on that wheel is one size bigger then the rest. Unfortunately I can't track down where the tires were bought so I'm gonna have to buy one new tire, tis all good tho, I'm just glad I dont have to get rid of my wheels, I quite like them!

I took the car to a mag and tire shop, turns out it was so simple, don't know why I hadnt thought of it! The tire on that wheel is one size bigger then the rest. Unfortunately I can't track down where the tires were bought so I'm gonna have to buy one new tire, tis all good tho, I'm just glad I dont have to get rid of my wheels, I quite like them!

Blonde moment ;) :) ;) ;)

I take it back, problem not fixed. I swaped the wheels to tie me over till I get a new tire only it still scrapes with the correct size, just not so bad. I don't really wanna hack at my chassis with a hammer and my chances of finding a mechanic to pass my warrent if I have spacers is slim, I think I'm gonna have to get new wheels :)

hey i have this problem on my standard SR only does it full lock to the right tho and only when i go forwards :D dont rele no wots up with that knowing my luck my cars been in a shunt. B)

oh my wheels are 195/45/15s dont no if that means anything to you basically there 15s