How to wire Glanza V Spoiler Brakelight into NA Loom?

How do I wire the Brakelight of the Glanza Spoiler into the NA loom? When putting some clamps into the white/black cable and the red green (the latter connected with the red/green from the spoiler and the black from the spoiler with white/black) to steal current from them, the fuses (the things writen 10A on) break.

What is wrong? Where should I wire the cables into?

are you sure that non of the wires are touching causing a short? have you got the right fuse size? is the brake light bulb or led? try plugging in the original brake light in its original place with the glanza light wired in at the same time. if it doesnt blow the fuse then it might show there is something wrong with the glanza brake light.

depending on the year, i think the connection for the brake light should be back there in the bootlid as part of the N/A loom????

pretty sure the guys who fitted mine said the connection was already there.

maybe someone else with a Glanza spoiler on an N/a can confirm / deny this?? maybe i'm talking rubbish!

Phil.

@bobby: I'm pretty sure I didn't cause a short, unless the short is in the wiring of the spoiler itself. I used two of those (I hope the link is functional):

stromdieb_blau.jpg

One for each cable. The black cable out of the spoiler together with the thick white/black one and the red/green from the spoiler with the same coloured one from the Boot-loom.

In that boot loom there is also a black cable, that I believe is going to the rear window heating.

I'll write down the wire colors and possible fittings tomorrow morning.

WHITE AND YELLOW!! i just remembered that when i fitted my lid i got fed up with not getting the brake light to work so i took off the light bar to find that i'd been trying to wire up the wrong colours. On mine the white/yellow and white/black from the boot lid went on to the white/black and green/red of the n/a wiring loom. Whiteblack=whiteblack+whiteyellow=redgreen. Those connectors arn't the best to use tbh. And yes the solid black is the window. :thumbsup:

Edited by bobby boy

Which NA wires are you guys referring to? I took a power feed from my tail lights which is why my spoiler light acts as a side light and brake light.

My window centre brake light was missing when I bought the car so not sure what to do :S

Ah that's why then ;) haha :p but you know theres 3 wires coming out of the bulbs for the main brake lights, cant you just find out which one the current goes through when you brake, rather than the one with continuous current for the sidelights, not sure if that would work but that's my suggestion haha :p

Edited by DaveyDemolition

twxm9.jpg 1wzm3.jpg mklnh.jpg

Posting from my mobile. These are the exact wires that are there. I joined the green one with the green/red one wich also goes into the brake light and white black with black.

And then everytime it becomes a shirt circuit.

So today I tried it again with the help of the husband of my sister. Result is, the light itself or the wiring inside the spoiler is damaged. The plus gets contact to the minus somewhere causing a short. Damn