TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!

hi im new to UKSC

i recently bought a toyota starlet sr it is pretty much basic apart from the white speedlines which i got done recently and alos got it lowered. ( i dont think i need to go into much detail about the car as you guys would know exactlywhat this car is made up of)

a friend of mine has a sr with a turbo conversion but the bottom end has gone on it, now he has recomended me to do a turbo conversion by taking bits off his car.

he has given me a

ct9 turbo off a glanza with decat and also manifold

frontmount intercooler

full stainless exhaust

rear axcel with disc conversion

glanza ecu

inlet and also throttle body

glanza head skimmed and polished

glanza gear box

and some other bits and bobs like injectors etc

my only concern is firstly isit worth doing and secondly do i need to change my current pistons and what not

some adv would be grate otherwise ill just get rid of the parts and earn a few bob

Firstly im no expert in conversons but ill do my best to help.

Lets start with yes ofcourse its worth doing it will change your car from a standard hatchback to the infamous "hot hatch" and im sure will give you a perma smile as it does for all of us.

As far as i know your bottom end would be fine for the standard turbo and power, but you would need a glanza wiring loom and a few other bits and bobs like glanza dials and glanza indication stalks (again i think not i garuntee)

With the intercooler airfilter and exhaust id advise on porting the wastegate and mani fold before you fit it.

Anythin else ill do my best to advise.

bottom end will need fiddling too, the 4efe has high compression pistons, so you'd need to change those along with rods too and the sump and oil pickup, it would be worth just buying a working 4efte, and using the other parts you have with it instead

saves time and money

ul get 1 for goin rate of 400. me and rob bower are converting our SRs at the min and its not 2 hard, rmember everythins always gona seem difficult the 1st time as your steppin out your comfort zone! there are lots of guides on here to help!

• 2 months later...

Im interested in doing this, i have a replacement engine for my sr going in after xmas and am going to be left with my original engine but the rings are knackered on it. should i get some standard glanza rods and pistons and drop them in? What sorta other stuff do i need? glanza ecu and looms? I really dont kno where to start