What's the best forged kit to buy?

We have forged Wossner pistons and Pec rods available at £850 ;) I can supply everything else you need cheaper than anyone else too, such as updated head gasket, engine gasket set, oil pump, timing belt kit etc :)

We have forged Wossner pistons and Pec rods available at £850 ;) I can supply everything else you need cheaper than anyone else too, such as updated head gasket, engine gasket set, oil pump, timing belt kit etc :)

Ooh right sounds good mate, what's that kit like in comparison to others around that price range? Because I generally don't know how much it would cost to forge what I need to reach at least 280bhp

Race tech and tuning developments both have a stage two engine that seem to handle that power very weather av a look at there engine spec list that will give u an idea of everything u will need dude

What needs to be forged for it to take 280bhp? Would the pistons and con rods be enough or you need a fully forged gasket set and head gasket and new oil pump and other stuff? I looked on the race tech forge kit and they had all sorts of stuff with their kit

All forged rods and pistons should easily cope with 280bhp once set up correctly. if it was me I would choose Pauter or Scat rods as they have been tested to big power figures and dished Wiseco pistons

All forged rods and pistons should easily cope with 280bhp once set up correctly. if it was me I would choose Pauter or Scat rods as they have been tested to big power figures and dished Wiseco pistons

I thought your Glanza ran 383bhp on PEC rods? Big enough power there :D

Correct Iddy but as far as I can research that is the highest bhp that 5e PEC rods have been tested to. At the time I was building I checked the official ratings of the rods and they were quite lower than that but yes they are holding 383bhp fine at the moment :) I will soon be testing them to a lot more bhp when I bring the car to England so watch this space ;)

For the money you can't beat scat, pec, wossner kits. If you got more money then CP pistons and pauter rods. Although other brands are tried and tested for a fraction of the cost.

In fairness you would probably be better off buying a pre-built engine package, I wouldn't trust a normal garage to build me a forged motor, that saying I don't know where you plan on taking it.

• 2 years later...

What's the best site to look at to get a forge kit? And what sort of price we looking at? Wanting like 380+ bhp out of it!

You would likely be looking at around 6-8k for the motor for that kind of power.

Add another 10k to that

18k for an engine? It's only a little four cylinder, unless it's made of the finest gold from nazareth :lol:

I agree by the time you add on suspension, brakes, mapping etc then yeah it's going to be about that.