Saturday 9th June 2007 at the Cultra Transport Museum in NI was the scene of the Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club's summer meet. My brother, being a member of this club arranged to have 3 of our family's cars there. Unfortunatley his seicento is off the road now for several reasons that i am not at liberty to disclose (....project cough cough project....) and his new car had not arrived in time, however the dealership did leant him their demo car to take to the show, and my dad and i cruised down in the barchetta.

i have to say this was an AWESOME meet, i had an absolute ball as did my dad, very proud of my bro that it went well for his club!!! The turnout was very impressive, the weather was searingly hot, Meguires turned up with a stall, and Mervyn Stewart (Fiat, Alfa dealership) had several motors down on display. There were even a number of motors from the Republic, as well as several non-italian motors and some motors that were specifically invited to join in, including the DeLorian club (it is NI after all!!) and the Vespa club. And one or two very very rare motors turned up.

Dad and I ended up parked beside 2 Ferraris and as much as u may not believe this, my dads car actually drew more attention than the Ferraris!! i was really chuffed about this for my dad as its always nice to see someone admiring your own work, plus he'd never been to a show or meet before and the attention and chats that his car drew made him feel so welcome that he has joined the club aswel so all in all i think it went really well! i really must say, as much as im a jap fan, i had a complete ball at this show, I've always liked italian cars (my room is somethin of a ferrari shrine) but bein in the middle of this show and turniin up in one of the cars really stimulated my interest in them alot further to the extent where i would really like to know more about them, they are cars with passion and heart and soul, u can feel an owners dedication and commitment and passion for their cars just by lookin at the cars alone, they are all prepared to let u sit in their car and talk u through its own personal story, whether it be an older car thats seen better days or a high end race spec ferrari, they are happy to let u experience their car even just a little and that made a huge impression on me. Dont worry, i still love my jap cars, i simply experienced another car culture on saturday that was made so much better by the fact that mark was able to talk me through just about every car there rather than me stumbling ignorantly round in circles all day. i know some of u will appreciate this thread more than others but i thought i'd post it up anyway for other ppls enjoyment ( i know Geo really likes my bro's car, pity it wasnt there esp as its the most modded Sei in NI as far as we're aware). Anyways, enjoy folks. If there are any questions i will direct them to Mark and try to get an answer for you.

DSC_0008-2.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0009-2.jpg

DSC_0010-2.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022-1.jpg

355 Berlinetta and the Barchetta

DSC_0024-1.jpg

cheeky italian bum shot

DSC_0025-1.jpg

its really just a mini ferrari if u think about it, after all Fiat do own Ferrari lol....well thats my story and im stickin to it!! lol!

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0032-1.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034-1.jpg

DSC_0035-1.jpg

DSC_0037-1.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0041-1.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043-1.jpg

DSC_0044-1.jpg

DSC_0045-1.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051-1.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

Vespas

DSC_0065.jpg

TreVoR

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

2CV, I've been out in one of these, total buzz like, i love these wee cars, so quirky!

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Family Portrait!

DSC_0076.jpg

Seems im a Ferrari fan lol!

DSC_0078.jpg

Mk 1

DSC_0079.jpg

Loved this motor!

DSC_0080-1.jpg

DSC_0081-2.jpg

DSC_0082-1.jpg

DSC_0083-1.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

My dad fell in love with this Alfa

DSC_0099.jpg

Dear Heveans this took me HOURS to do!!

I will edit this thread as soon as i can get Mark for a few mins to tell me exactly wot each car is as i dont know much about italian cars!

Phil.

Awesome effort putting this up Phil :D

Its really interesting to see and read about other goings on in the car world.

I found it well sweet B)

You dad and bro must be really proud, seemed an awesome annual summer meet too and a decent club in ni.

Thanks for sharing with us man! So many quality photos :D

Joz

p.s somedoy nicked geo's numberplate lmao :D ^^

Woaaahhh thast quality :D

The weather looked amazing, fit for the lovely Italian motors there B)

Your dads car looked well aswell as that gorgeous 360 CS next to it :D

Lovely pics bet they are well chuffed and so they should be :D

thanks for the feedback guys, this took me over two hours to put up :DB)

it was a class day, unfortunatley the DeLorians only showed up after my dad and i had left. theres so many awesome stories behind most of these cars, some are total rebuilds, some are transplants like the white Ford (i'll have Mark explain this 2 me and i'll edit it as appropriate), an orange fiat tractor that was totally rebuilt from the ground up that i somehow dont have a pic of :o:D :D B)

u'll see two older model pandas in those pics, the white one has been ALL over the world, its immense, it does crazy long runs to raise money for charity, this yr it along with several other older pandas are racing the Orient Express to Istanbul, its a great club and everything and everyone is welcome to share their ove of all things italian!

just thought i would share something different with u guys, thanks for checkin it out, i enjoyed it so i thought maybe u guys would too!

Phil.

Some awesome cars there, a real varied mix.

As Joz said, is nice to see what other things are happening in the world of cars.

Is also really nice to see a whole meet where all the cars are tastefully done :DB)

amazing write up phil, i love that wee feat 500

DSC_0043-1.jpg

my family are alfa sud crazy they all have strong roots with them so having them drumed into me from an early age leads me to admire the rustbuckets lol

i need to keep the lineage goin when im older,

again great writeup bro, spent quite a while admiring your photos mate, you have an eye for that shit!!

thanks for the kind words dude, i thought some of u lot might appreciate the pics thats y i put them up. i had a schneaky feelin u might like them bossman!

no probs, happy to do it, takes a few hours but its worth it if u know a few folk have got some enjoyment from it.

Phil.

Woo! Italian motors are the best in Europe!

Some crackers there, shame I missed it.

Would take too long to comment on all the car-pr0n on display, but I just have to say I nearly did a sex wee when I saw that that Duke 1098!!!