Greddy Boost Controller Boost spiking

Right, need a little help, my Trust Greddy Profec A seems to be causing boost spikes, which i'm struggling to fix.

Here is the install manual for the EBC:

http://www.greddy.co..._AB_helpdia.pdf

Now I have connected it so the bottom port goes to the turbo, the left nport to the top of the wastegate, the right piece is connected to the inlet manifold(via a t piece with the other end going to the bottom of the wastegate.....the manual doesn't say to tee it off but I assume this will be ok?)

Now thew operating manual is here:

http://www.greddy.co...le/PRofec_A.pdf

As can be seen above there is a dip switch on the back for "when overboost occurs" now would this fix the boost spiking if i set it to on? There is also an offset dial which according to the manual is for wastegate setups and is to ensure the reading on the ebc matches that of my own boost gauge, which the ebc seems to read 0.1 lower roughly than my gauge, however if i turn the offset up it causes it to fuel cut, i'm wondering if turning it down from 0 to a minus number will stop the spikes?

Can someone with experience in EBC's help here.

Also, not sure if its related but my Tial has a blue 0.6 bar spring in it, yet without the EBC hooked up and running spring pressure it only hits 0.4 bar?

Edited by A L 3 X

Not 100% sure mate but I assume it was causing my fuel cut symptoms, not sure why no EML though?

I had it yesterday in 4th and 5th and it spiked maybe 0.2 bar over the set boost. I assume its related to the fact say I set it at 0.6 bar and it boosts fine to 0.6, set it at 0.8 bar and it boosts to 0.7 low gears, 0.8 in high on my gauge but the readout on the controller flclkers mainly at 0.7 :/

Hmm that is a mad one..You have to remember the days/nights are getting colder and turbos love the cold!!! inlet temps go down so can corse spikeing!..And no mattrer how good your boost controller is spikeing can still occur! so maybe that could be the problem? i could well be rong but its worth a thought!

Really? Tbh thats fucking shit lol, I paid out all the cash on a wastegate setup to stop it overboosting :(

I think its this ebc though to say its meant to be decent a lot of people seem to have trouble, not sure whether to keep trying with it or just run my manual boost tee lol

Yep it sure can and it is shit lol! Yeah it could fine well be the ebc but im not sure what and why though! you would always just run it on the tee anyway and see what its like? And no turbo set up will stop it from over boosting realy your external wastegate just stops it from over boosting silly amounts!!! something can be set up on a warm day and then things can change on a cold day!

Right, a good hour up and down the bypass and still no better

Tried the learn mode in 3rd 4th and 5th and messed about with the offset up and down and still spiking

0.6 bar seems to spike less than 0.8 but it still does spike, which made

Me wonder again I've got a 0.6 spring, yet this only boosts to 0.4 without the Ebc :/ I'm wondering if it's struggling up at 0.8? Although I doubt it because it makes 0.8, it's made 1 bar even(just tested it by turning up and it hit 1 on the gauge then cut furiously lol) so again I think it may be the Ebc, gonna use my mbc on

My day off see of that's any better, bit shit though :(

I think it's more a shit Ebc tbh as that other lad said, looking at other people online not many can get it

Working right...as I say it seemed to hold

1.2 bar fine on the Evo it came off, however that was relying on the in built

Boost readout as the car didn't have a gauge lol.

I'll try my mbc on my day off and see if that's more stable, good job I got the Ebc for free lol

Bad stories I take it?

N ooh well this makes the deal more interesting if it onvolves a boost controller, will need to wait till payday though still mate but deffo still after it :)

And why, what's wrong with the mbc? Surely it's similar to Ebc but no spiking as long as I monitor it with a boost gauge?

lol, i havent got it for sale or anything so even if the ecu sells you can have first dibs on the EBC....

i heard the A gave trouble but the B was a more sorted unit... a good EBC will be 100 times better than any MBC but no harm seeing will it be the same outcome as your EBC