How much fluid?

I wouldn't drain the system "dry" as you'll have loads of fun with air pockets, best bet is to get 99% of the old fluid out of the reservoir with a syringe, top up with the fresh stuff, THEN then bleed each corner until you see fresh fluid.

If you use a coloured fluid like Ate Blue(/red/yellow etc) it makes the job easier!

Its all dependant on how you will do it and how long you have. Draining it will take longer but will give you a better clean through as your not mixing the fluids. Like Keri said tho if you do it that way will save you with air pockets and will be far less hassle.

Bare in mind though if the car has had the same fluid in it all its life thats 13+ years and brake fluid absorbs water so there tends to be a heavy slime a bit like imulsified oil that gathers in the bottom of your resivoir If you want to get rid of this the only way is to drain the system completely and detaching the flexi from the calipers to avoid getting the gunge stuck in the calipers when bleeding.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Nice one I shall do that then if it's gonna save a lot of hassle, or is the other way easy enough?

Also if I'm replacing the lines with braided ones, am I best replacing a hose,

Bleeding that corner then moving on or replacing all then bleeding through all? I'd assume the latter