No Boost, ext wastegate, help please :)

Hey guys, ive just fitted my td04 set up with tial wastegate.

just took it out a test run and i have no boost. the only thing im getting is, which can only be described as a gale force wind blowing under a door lol. like a sort of wooo or whoooshing noise.

could this be to the way my wastegate is plumbed in or something else? im running a gizzmo ms 2 ebc and ive plumbed it in exactly as the instructions say and switched it for ext and adjusted the gains etc but nothing :(

checked all my pipes etc and cant see any leaks.

help would be much appreciated as this wastegate has fried my brain lol.

cheers.

Is the turbo a 'known good one'? Turbos with damaged comp wheels can be know to whistle there tits off with the wooooOOOoo noise you mentioned. Also is the wg new or used as that could be at fault also.

Id say remove the plumbing for the EBC to start with and just plumb the waste gate in normally to see if it boosts. If so then its your EBC not set up correctly altho it sounds to me more like the wastegate as id imagine the turbo would smoke if it was in that bad a state.

Turbo seems to be in a decent condition, minimal shaft play etc. Was a little smoke when I first started the car up but then it cleared away. it's a brand new tial wastegate straight out of the box with a 1 bar spring. Will try plumbing it in without the EBC and see how that goes. Won't be able to do it till later on tonight though :( absolute nightmare haha

I've got a boost gauge in the car as well as my EBC. Should I be running my dump valve as well or will I be loosing the boost from there?

Also, should there be a pipe coming from the inlet mani to any part of the wastegate? I seen in a post a little down the page about a similar problem and there was to be a tee piece connecting a pipe into wastegate?

First time I've dealt with an ext wastegate and it's doing my head in haha.

Cheers for help so far.

No your dump valve will be fine its connected to your cooler piping and the vac pipe from that goes to your inlet mani there will be a t piece on that pipe and that goes to your boost gauge?

Im not 100% on the set up for EBC's but i believe the vac pipe from your ebc should go to the bottom of your waste gate and the other vac nipple on the wastegate is for the vac pipe to the turbo. (someone can correct me if thats not 100% right.)

Since everyone is saying it are you defo sure youve not got a leak?

No worries.

Edited by StuDoc 72

I am a total idiot, turns out I had blown the intercooler pipe off right at the intercooler at the bottom where it goes into the turbo haha. But because it was pitch black last night and it sits under the bumper I never seen it. Hope that's it sorted now, I shall post my result when I finish work at 6 haha.

Thanks for the help guys Much appreciated.