Is my turbo going to die?

Went over too my mates the other day and as i reversed onto his drive said it smoked quite a bit turbo could be on his way out ! hes a mechanic and is a good one at that so thought be allright for a bit ! then was at jae and revved and my car spat a black substance dont know whether it was oil or what ? i only know it was black as it went over my mates white celica woops !! any sugestions guys ?

Best way to test it is to let it idle to warm up and once warm give it a few blasts to clear the condensation and you can tell if your burning oil as it it will be bluey/black smoke, it could be over fueling?

If you still can decide take it for a blast with some one following you check see if anything happens on boost, then check idle again.

Normally the exhaust side will just burn the oil off if it is leaking anyway.

just started the car let it warm up was smoking a bit but just white smoke and was spitting black stuff but was just condensation as said above revved to clear condensation and after that was smoking a lot less i did have one cloud of black smoke come out but after that was fine ? not kicking out no black stuff either think ill get fueling looked at first!!

keep an eye on it mate, if the turbo goes it (dont quote me on this) shouldnt do any damage if its just oil seals, simple swap it out when its furked. I know loads of people that have had fucked turbos then swapped them out and they have been fine :)

Keep an eye on ya oil levels too:)

In theory it sholdnt but depends as with anything if the turbo smashes/ propellar blades snap then parts can enter your engine but you'd be quite unlucky and thats normally associated with running stupid high boost

So you will more than likley be fine

Edited by Broony

The above happened to me with a landrover defender today, came into work with a lack of power, tested to see lol and the fucking turbo explodes haha. Tiny fragments all through the oil and oil shooting back through the induction system haha.

Sorry for the spamage, sure this wont happen to you. If you can, try a known good turbo on your car to see if it clears up. But yeah try the simplest/cheapist options first, fueling.

im going to buy a turbo too keep at mine just incase! going to check whether has much play on the shaft on my turbo see whats on ! in few weeks time going to get the fueling sorted my local performance garage !!

im only running 1.2 bar on fully forged 4e so not stupidly high :)