Saxo VTR/VTS Better than Gt's and Glanza's?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well imo saxo's aint all that... they only look good on their arse... im quite embarsd that my pug kinda looks like 1

but at the end of the day i love my car because i kno at the front of my car theres a Lion and not two shitty Arrows lol - PS GLANZA'S are alot better than saxos...

why??... because every c*nt and their granny has 1 and there boring looking....

where the glanza is small an sexy and has a turbo in it..

Rosco

arn't Saxos and Glanzas the same thing?

i make a point not to race VTR/VTSs, mainly because it's a waste of fuel, but secondly so i don't see the same person ragging the bollocks off a starlet a few months later!

just thought i would throw my ten pence worth in here i had a pug 106 with a vtr engine in it and agree well out handles my gt but have to say without any doubt my gt pisses all over saxo's or pugs (no disrespect to them as i loved my pug)but my starlet is way more reliable as i had to fix something every month without fail.

my gt has fueling mods but standard would still say it would piss on them.

my mates got a vts and i know i only drive a n/a but he doesnt pull away from me in massive amounts its only when we get to 80 he pulls away because he has a bigger gear ratio

**awaits replies of people saying not possible and that i lie**

Stock SR vs VTR = VTR wins

SR with Corolla inlet and breathing mods vs VTR = VTR wins

Unfortunately, thats the way it is as far as i know and have seen!! But who cares, the Starlets alot better!! :p

thts crap indo, me and oli have both beaten vtr's, and im only running inlet mani and mushroom!!!!

my mates got a vts and i know i only drive a n/a but he doesnt pull away from me in massive amounts its only when we get to 80 he pulls away because he has a bigger gear ratio

**awaits replies of people saying not possible and that i lie**

hes not lying! tht vts has aftermark exhaust system aswell......

Saxo VTR/VTS Better than GT's and Glanza's

Hell no they are french!

As for preformance and Handeling

The VTR's aint a bad car early ones had 90hp and the facelift one had 98hp. Not sure what N/A starlets are power wise but i would imagine they would have a hard time keeping up with a VTR. :p

For the VTS again good car with pretty good power to weight, throught the twistys (standard) VTS would win without a doubt. straights id say probably fairly even with the edge to the Gt/Glanza.

With the VTS/GTI engines the have 120hp, But its thought that the later Engines with EGR had 130hp. BUT take that with a very big pinch of salt. :D

Personally ive never raced a GTi/VTS but have driven both cars (Work for Peugeot dealer :D ) so am just going off book figures and personal feelings.

Who cares anyways really, as long as your happy with your car thats all that counts. :D

Your all mistaken... :p

Glanza's and GT Turbo's come with 133bhp (on high boost) lol

But just think, what are you gonna do to a VTS when you get bored?

Whereas, with Starbo's, you can fit a few goodies and play about with boost!

BBBOOOSSSTTT! :D

its pretty easy to get the stalet handling up to scratch, both cars share essentialy the same supsension set up both using a panhard rod at the back

for some reason the toyota never came with a rear anti roll bar,

most other cars do

thats its shortcoming, you can purchase one of these from toy tuning on this site in there suspension parts section

• 5 months later...

On my way to placement today i came across a saxo! We gave each other a little run up the bypass. I thought it was a quick VTR because i went past him very slowly, then i slowed down so he was in front. We then went for it again on the next stretch of bypass after the roundabout and he was in front. Kept on his bumper all the way to 4th gear maxed at 6500ish and he started pulling a few car lengths. Funny thing was we both pulled into the hospital where my placement is. He went to another car park in the hospital so i walked around and looked for it. Turned out to be a VTS. Was glad it was a VTS because if it was a VTR i would be in trouble!

There slightly faster top end, but up to 80 the GT was quicker, but not by much. He also had an aftermarket exhaust.

So a standard gt with standard exhaust was almost equal to a VTS with an aftermarket exhaust.

If he had a factory exhaust i would have either beat him or been totally equal.

Would like a go when i have my exhaust, de-cat, mani, and actuator on but (,")

my mate has a vts saxo its lowered 120mm it got a d-cat chip and my near standard gt ep82 can put about 5 cars length away from him and his car gets serviced and is well looked after so should be running to the max. still is a really quick car thou :-)

you are lucky it didnt involve corners. because he would have bent you over and demoralised you.

I have D2 coilovers with the car nearly on its arse, with 4 new goodyear eagle f1's. If it involved corners i would have held my own no problem on them. His cars ride height was standard. There handling aint that good, good for it being a saxo.

my mate has a vts saxo its lowered 120mm it got a d-cat chip and my near standard gt ep82 can put about 5 cars length away from him and his car gets serviced and is well looked after so should be running to the max. still is a really quick car thou :-)

Your GT looks faboulous mate. How did u get the HKS writing on the FMIC? And is that the standard front bumper with the grill cut out? How did you get the number plate on there like that too? I am going with the same look as yours mate...

Real world driving is very different to what the stats say on paper...driver etc comes into it a lot. If you get two similar cars, it's anyones guess as to who will win imo. I have to agree that stock the Glanza (more so than the GT) handles like the suspension is made from the centre of a cadburys cream egg. There's a road I travel every day here to work, lots of twisty turns...I regularly get whupped by allsorts (and no it's not because I'm an old git and can't drive) when driving the glanza...just don't have the confidence or the driver involvement in the corners to push it hard safely.

I still remember the old 0-60 time of the GT being supposedly ~7 secs....bollocks in my opinion (unless someone here has had their's timed as stock). Mate did a 'give it beans in your car for a wank car mag' feature a few years back in his stock GT, no matter what he did, what gear he set off in, the revs, tyres...nothing saw him reach 60 below 8.1 seconds....dry day, runway tarmac too.