Saxo VTR/VTS Better than Gt's and Glanza's?

I have heard a few folk saying that Saxo VTS's beat GT's/Glanza's. Surely it cant be true, i hate saxo's there so common and bollocks lol! By the way i take it there both standard so is a standard GT/Glanza faster than standard VTR/VTS?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:p-->

QUOTE(Stevie B @ Jun 18 2007, 11:26 PM)
Hey Marc, let them think that, you dont want these kind of people owning starlets.

vts - 120bhp

0-60 in 7.2 seconds

glanza - 130bhp

0-60 in 7 seconds

S.

GT turbo is 0-60 in 6.8 is it not? i thought they were slightly faster than glanzas due to them being lighter. Also i read an advert that they were 138bhp is that true? I am not sure really. Yeah it was a guy at a party was telling me how a VTS would "pump" my GT lol. I didnt comment on the uncertainty of my info and knowledge haha.

standard for standard a vtS will beat a glanza with the boost restriction in place,

a gt turbo would beat a Vts in a sprint,

regardless on all counts the margins would be thin as all the cars have similar power to weight ratios.

the vts handles better standard

but the starlet can be made to go alot faster for not much cash and a little money spent will sort the handling out too.

posting this type of question on an ep forum you will get biased answers

VTR's are slow something like 0-60 in 10secs dead, so even an 'sr' etc. with a 'rolla mani' will easily beat a VTR....

Secondaly, glanza's look loads better than saxo's...

Rob

The fact that there is a Saxo round every corner also makes it shitter! It's the car every charve aims to own!

Glanza's and GT's all the way!

her her! or for that eneything jap

hang on a sec, give them some credit.

a vts will keep up with a glanza to 60 and then batter it up to 100+.

it will also dissapear into corners. saxos handle 10 times better than a glanza, even after youve spend some money modding on suspension.

ive owned all 3 (saxo, gt and glanza), so i do know what im talking about.

A VTS will handle better. Fact. Its one of the best handling fwd chassis out there...

As for straight line pace i've never had a standard glanza but i would have thought with more power, similar weight (or less for the GT) and more torque my money is on the gt all day long.

Again i've never driven a standard gt but i would have thought the extra torque of the gt would pull it past a vts after 70? The thing with the vts engine is you get good and bad ones from the factory. I know of someone with simple breathing mods pulled a 14.7 1/4! Most dont see lower than 15 even when well modded with tb's etc

My friend has a 157bhp 106 GTi and my glanza's quicker at any point in the rev range but thats not what this threads about. :p

Stock SR vs VTR = VTR wins

SR with Corolla inlet and breathing mods vs VTR = VTR wins

Unfortunately, thats the way it is as far as i know and have seen!! But who cares, the Starlets alot better!! :p