Hamilton to Merc Perez to Mclaren!

Just heard it on the news this morning, do you know the full reason why?

I saw his McLaren fail at Singapore over the weekend but wasn't watching closely enough to see what went wrong with it, is that part of the reason he's leaving?

Just heard it on the news this morning, do you know the full reason why?

I saw his McLaren fail at Singapore over the weekend but wasn't watching closely enough to see what went wrong with it, is that part of the reason he's leaving?

I very much doubt anybody would change teams for a single failure, and the team he is going to (Merc) supply the engines to Mclaren. The deal was actually done a few weeks ago anyway.

I think he's made a mistake, as this is the team that brought him through his career and into F1, but surely he and his team can see an advantage. He certainly gets more money out of it with open sponsorship.

I can only imagine he's doing it for the 2014 rule change and hoping that as engine suppliers they will have a better insite.

Just remember who's in charge at Merc, Ross Brawn. Ross Brawn turned a failing Honda Team and a Failing Jenson Button into a winning combo in 1 season .....

I have a feeling 2013 isn't going to be awesome but Merc should still be strong, and I recon Merc will have an Ace up their sleeves for 2014 with rule changes and new engines etc.

Only time will tell.

In other news on the same subject, I've also heard Hamilton has been barred from all meeting involving car development after the change. How many of Mclaren's secrets and changes is he going to take to Merc with him ?

I personally think he has done it for the money more than anything, I am not a fan of him as a driver or a person, much prefer watching his brother drive.

Perez on the other hand could do very well at Mclaren