my car seems to be burning oil or so it seems i filled it up saturday after the oil light came on and checked it sunday, fine, then monday, still fine, then today i checked it and its 1/2way down the dipstick !!!???!!! I've done 170miles most done on the sunday and I've checked everywhere my cars been sitting and the is no oil patches and none on my block bar where i spilt some down the back after filling it up. :p

if anybody has had anything like this happen and it hasnt been serious plz say something.

P.S im guessing its the rings bcoz my oil and water seem fine

do do over a litre of oil in less than 200 miles you would be leaving plumes of smoke behind. seeing as you are NA. im gunna say its your valve seals. but you would be puffing LOTS of smoke...

IF it is your rings. your car will run a bit off. get your compression checked. that will tell if its your rings

erm yer it mainly smells more than anything but if u rev it over 3k it lets out a fine mist, but if u change down a gear and let it rev over 3k say coming up to a roundabout or something when i accelerate away it lets out a realy bad puff but only for a second whilst it burns it.

ok cheers i tried to do one on tues but the seal on the comp tester wouldnt fit down the plug hole so that went out the window. erm just so i know for when i do a test what shud they be at roughly??? may be handy to know cheers for the feedback