Screeching noise from cold :(

It's only when the car is cold, it definatly not the release bearing. it sound like its coming from the bottom near the alternator..? Where is the water pump on a 98 spec glanza? Isn't it near the alternator at bottom?

I'll check tomorrow and then I'll let you know what I find. Thank you for the info though.

Mine does this too, changed the alternator belt and its better but still does it a little when its been sat for a while in damp weather

Might have to change this as well. If it goes then thumbs up if not then Ill have to keep looking :( gna check the bottom pulley as well like dangeestarlet said.

Edited by Sefton-EP91
  • 5 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread but this noise seems to be coming from my PAS Pump I'm not convinced that its coming from the bottom pulley but I'm very grateful for your guys input. Has anyone experienced anything like this? It's getting very frustrating. Are the pumps on the n/a the same as glanza? Thank you guys.

Mine does it when cold. Are the pumps the same as the n/a pumps? It sounds like its coming from that area. I just hope I don't replace it and it ends up being the alternator pulley.. Are they very common on glanzas, the alternator pulley? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry for doubting you guys but you are right. It's coming from my bottom pulley. It's just slightly catching on the timing cover. The crankshaft oil seal is now seeping oil :( which means stripping it down for repairs :( AGAIN! This is probably A silly question but because the seal has gone would this suggest that the crank in moving side to side? Although the rear main oil seal is fine? Thank you.