Meister noise when turning slowly?

Seems to be since I've had full alignment done properly but I may have just noticed it then, occasionally when stopped and turning or moving slowly and turning say to reverse into a parking space I get a slight kling noise like the spring is turning but looking at the coilover nothing appears to be amiss so any idea what could cause it?

Edited by A L 3 X

check to see if the bracket that holds the brake line on the shock isn't catching the bracket on the car where it goes from hard pipe to the flexi, you may need to get some one to go from lock to lock whilst you lay under the car and look. oh and dont jack it up you need the weight of the car on the coilovers

( i had this problem on my BC's, not sure if meisters do aswel)

Mine munched through my braided set mate so if you've got 30secs have a quick look and see if theres any damage, if there is then thats most likely your problem! Altho u say you've moved them so it might just be the bracket catching.

Edited by morgey
  • 3 weeks later...

Just browsing the forum and notice this.

Cannot stress the above enough is the check the brake line clearance.

When lowering the car, the bracket on the damper is possible to catch onto the chassis brake line bracket within the turning circle.

Should that happen bent the bracket out of the way to make sure nothing make contacts.

This is part of the safety checks that should be done to make on every MacPherson Strut suspensions.

We have made a small revision by changing the angle of the brake bracket on the damper, but it doesn't guarantee anything as this is base on the ride height adjustments.

Please do make sure that nothing is making contact, as this can be a serious issue when things goes wrong.

If you have any have any concerns, please feel free to E-mail me at info@meisterr.com and I'll be happy to help.

Hi Jerrick, yeah I had that issue, I've since fitted braided lines and attached them to the bottom of the bracket as with them bolted I. It would always catch

Hasn't made any marks on the new lines and doesnt seem near or anything so assume its not rubbing now?

Hey dude check to see are lower arms rubbing off the the anti roll bar.

/>http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?74491-FAO-Whiteline-front-arb-and-alk-users&highlight=

Edited by Corey

Hi Jerrick, yeah I had that issue, I've since fitted braided lines and attached them to the bottom of the bracket as with them bolted I. It would always catch

Hasn't made any marks on the new lines and doesnt seem near or anything so assume its not rubbing now?

Just get on the ground and have a friend turn the wheel lock to lock.

If it isn't making contact, then it should be fine at least as far as the brake line is concern.

It is just one of those safety check that should be perform as soon as the suspension are installed.

But I would do it again just for a peace of mind. :)