Question to Traders about 4efe manifolds

im looking into getting a manifold for my na and i remember talks of a group buy on 4-2-1 manifolds from one of the traders last year sometime when we were on uksc.

i swear it was looked into replicating the obx mani

can anyone tell me if this acctually happened or if it was just spoke about ?

James

Yeah Enzo had that mani on his EP80, bought from Joz.

I was thinking about this the other day, and while it's totally pointless to spend upwards of a few hundred quid on a 4EFE, it "should" be possible to touch 100bhp easily on a 4EFE - the 1st gen (100ps) had a higher rev limit than our UK spec ones, and they make their peak power a lot higher up.

So with a 4EFTE intake and throttle body, some sort of exhaust manifold, a higher rev limit and a remap (piggyback) UK spec engines "should" be at the same level.

I don't know what the rev limit is on the Glanza S, anyone shed any light on that one? Since they make 95bhp if my memory is correct, and I assume they have a higher rev limit than our UK spec engines.

Edited by ste91

Nope Glanza S are the same as the UK spec but with the Tubular manifold. Not really much point remapping an NA for maybe 5bhp

Intake, exhaust manis and cat back would be all I'd do. I wanted to get an exhaust mani off the Gen1 4efe but seeing as I'm planning to use the GT this Summer it defeats the point..

Yeah it's completely pointless but in theory that's what you'd need to do to get near 100bhp (just copy the setup of the 1st gens).

I once thought it would be good to tune a 4EFE but in reality they aren't really that great for N/A tuning, if you want to stay non turbo then get a 4AGE, the E series wasn't designed with performance in mind.

Less than £100 gets you an inlet manifold and air filter, that's all I'd ever do on a 4EFE now. Save the rest for a turbo.