Offsets and 8J wheels

Yeah I don't wanna run more than I currently am though (-1.2)

The tyres on there at the moment are Parada 2s, but I think I'll be getting rainsports. I'm definitely gonna need to switch down to at least 195/45 though I know that, I don't wanna have big arch gap haha

The higher the width, the less likely you are to want to run spacers with it. For instance you'd be unlikely to want to run 7J wheels with spacers as they would probably foul the arches something fierce. And 8J wheels with spacers would probably be more out of the arch than in lol.

You would want et40 to try and match the OEM fitment, but could probably get away with upto et20/25 if you didn't mind doing some light arch work (^ as Amjad said, lower offsets do look sweet). Obviously you could do more as anything is technically possible if you have the time and money, but that fitment should minimise the hassle somewhat.

Having said that, some people still have problems with 7J around et40 I think so I guess it's a bit of just suck it and see!

Edited by uberphil88

This is true the strut may be an issue, I would've thought the brakes would be ok though unless the calipers are uprated?

depends on the design of the spokes.

i know on my polo running 15x8 et25, i had to run a 5mm spacer (effectively et20) to clear the front caliper

also on my mates civic, 15x8 et0 rubbed without a spacer