Bit of confusion+dilemma

Right guys firstly ill start with saying i have had a search through the forum but can find my exact answers.

I have two routes i can take and just need advice which one to go down.

I have a GT TD04, Mods - TDO4, toyosport mani and decat, Apexi exhaust, Blitz FMIC, fse FPR (abit temperamental tbh), running 0.5bar

Ok the dilemma

I will get all gauges that i need because currently i dont have any, So will get boost, oil temp and oil pressure asap.

1) Fit gauges, Turn boost to 0.7 bar and adjust FPR, Later get a Plug and Play ecu and turn boost to 1 bar although i here fuelling will never be perfect with Plug and Play on TD04?

2) Fit gauges, Buy a boost controller, Buy an emanage ECU, Remap and run 1 bar?

any advice would be much appreciated.......

p.s i dont have much knowledge with boost, im a Vtec boy originally.

Boost and oil pressure are the main ones. A wideband gauge will help as well, but if its been mapped properly its not something I would worry about if your on a budget.

I've seen just as many engines die from oil pressure problems than I have boost/detonation related. I've had 2 engines die from oil pressure problems and its a pain in the shitter!

Right much appreciated lads.! So I'm defo getting boost, oil pressure, just deciding out of water and oil temp.

So what everyone has said so far is get a boost controller, emanage and a remap and that much better over a plug and play?

Oil temp imo much better indication as to when to give it a boot i.e when its nice n warm NOT when the waters hot

If it overheats youll know via poor running/oil gauges

Yeah bro set it up to the max of the standard ecu 0.85/9 with supporting mods then go for a emanage with higher boost when youve got the paper

Look at the deals that TD an Racetech have on @ £550 for emange including fitting and mapping!!!

Mapping alone is gonna cost you £250-£300

Had mine done before i forged on the TD04 with pressure reg and standard fuel pump and injectors @ 1 bar and made 235bhp :)

John