Osram Nightbreakers

If i were you i would pay £50 for some HID's You will never go back to normal bulbs!

This is the company i have bought several pairs for HID kits off of and they offer a 2 year warrenty if any part of the kit goes wrong!

I wouldnt buy from anywhere else!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H7-Canbus-Pro-Mid-Slim-HID-Conversion-kit-All-Colours-/370258289333?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item56351d22b5

Hids are awesome... But now illegal on our starlets and simular vehicles that dont have washer jets to the headlights, projector lenses and self leveling adjustments.

I personally do have them tho, never been stopped due to having my lights dipped permanently so the travel of light is not direct to other drivers vision :)

there not illegal...there`s still no point fitting them you want to be able to see whats far ahead of you not just a meter or so in front....

philips do a xtreme version which i highly recomend and the opinion is they have a longer life than nightbreaks

They are illegal now as the new MOT laws state the headlight must be self-levelling. Headlight washer jets are not necessary but if fitted they must work.

Since starlets don't have self levelling headlights they are illegal.

"Vehicles with HID headlamps are therefore required to have a headlamp washing system (a wiper is not required) and be self levelling, which may be achieved either by the use of either headlamp or suspension levelling systems.

The presence and operation of these headlamp cleaning and levelling devices has been added to the test. Therefore, if a mandatory headlamp levelling or cleaning device is missing, inoperative or otherwise obviously defective, the vehicle will fail.

This raises the question of whether these checks apply to vehicles fitted with after-market HID lighting kits. These kits convert conventional halogen headlamps to HID Xenon and they are widely sold and fitted to vehicles used on the road. The Department for Transport considers that after-market systems should be required to meet the same safety standards as that applied in respect of these lamps at vehicle Type Approval. Therefore, in order to pass the MOT test, vehicles fitted with after-market HID systems would also need to be fitted with headlamp cleaning and self-levelling systems. Some high specification estate cars are fitted with a self-levelling suspension system and this would be considered as adequate for the purpose.

It is also worthy of note that a few high performance vehicles fitted with HID headlamps that have barely any luggage space and stiff suspension do not require a self-levelling system.

HID headlamps can be easily recognised as they generally:

u take a few seconds to reach full intensity

u have a bluish tinge to the light

u have an igniter module/inverter behind the headlamp

u may also have ‘DCR’ marked on the headlamp lens.

Headlamp washing and levelling systems are mandatory for all vehicles fitted with LED headlamp systems, although these are not yet widely used and only tend to be optional fitment on some executive marques. However, as LED systems improve and because they can be arranged in almost any design configuration, they are sure to become more common.

Where headlamp levelling or cleaning devices are missing or defective, but there is doubt as to whether they are required, the benefit of the doubt should be given and an advisory notice issued. "

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18398717

And

http://www.phoenixautobulbs.co.uk/tp/hid-kits-new-legislation-2012/

not sure where that quotes from, no reference but this is directly from the good book....

"Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system.

Where such systems are fitted, they must work; however, it is accepted that it may not be possible to readily determine the functioning of self levelling systems. In such cases, the benefit of the doubt must be given"

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_170.htm

regardless of what i says on the internet, the testers ALWAYS default to the manual....my old man whos been a tester since i was nipper says "if it never had any to begin with, theres nothing to test"

this is true, failure is ALWAYS due to the beam being wrong...simple

Edited by Asad