from a landie to a starlet

hi there goin to the bank later to get a loan and then im off to buy a 1996 starlet since i passed my test in febuary ive been drivin a 30 year old land rover but doing 12 miles to the gallon and a top speed of 78 down hill wobbleing like hell isnt an option any more i wanted some thing a bit sporty ive seen a few starlets about n like the look. takein the landie to local car parks i got the piss taken but when i wacked it into rear wheel drive i could doughnut better than any car and burnouts were pretty long as well and a 12 inch sub and 2 subbed 4 inch speakers kicked out some loud music perfect for drownin out the 2.25 engine. im currently payin about 1300 for 3rd party fire n thieft im 20 and park on the street well some times half in a hedge if theres no room on the street so was wonderin what insurance is like the quotes ive had so far for fully comp are around the same as the landie any 1 got any suggestions? heres a link to it auto trader

Depends really, have to phone around as only a handful of people who insure Glanza's, as they're Japanese imports and so on.

Look through the insurance thread, has some insurers listed who insure Glanzas :lol:

Oh yeah, welcome to UKSC by the way :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry I found a few things in your first post amusing. :lol:

Welcome to the club mate enjoy your stay hope you find someone to insure that Glanza with :lol:

ya laughin at the landie if ya get the chance to get behing the wheel of 1 there a lot of fun on and off road but waters the best

ROFL!

Good pics starbo!

As for the insurance for a glanza compared to a land rover. You'd be lucky to get insured at all one a 1.3 Turbo car 6 months after passing your test (i'm guessing your 17-18).

The standard 1.3 starlet normally costs the average person about £1300 after passing test at 17-18 years old.

Confused.com should give you ball park figures.

£1300 to insure that car?? Bearing in mind the mods on it,most if not all insurance companies are gonna rape your ass since you've only just started driving! If you don't declare the mods and stack it into a hedge you will get stuff all and still have to pay the insurance!

If you really want a starlet get an SR for 6 months to get some road skills under your belt first.

But if you really wanna spend shed loads on insuring a turbo'd import then go ahead. buy a GT as most insurers recognise them unlike Glanza's :lol:

thanks for the advice just got back from the bank after takin out a £7500 now im thinking OOPS might not have been such a good idea after all. ive been looking for insurance and cant find any where online that have the glanza or gt turbo a but looked at sportif insureance and it came to 1300 fully comp i live in a high risk area according to my current insurance company but im gettin a driveway done pretty soon so if the insurance starts high and i can then get it down with the drive then thats not a problem

EDIT

just got this e mailed to me

Insurer: Sabre

Premium: £5,736.15

Excess: £450.00

Cover Required: Comprehensive

and 3rd fnf 3100

i can afford the 3rd party just but will have no life :{

if your after a gt let me no may well sell mine soon

oo how long till yall sell it because me landies mot runs out on the 11th of july and to get her throught will be expencive because ive snapped and bent bent the passange door piller back about an inch at the bottom and pushed a bump stop on the rear through the chasey so now theres a perfectly rectangular hole ya could fit both hands in

<br />i got a bright red landie, like Enzo's colour. pretty cool tis it<br />
<br /><br /><br />

red landies don't go up hills tis a well known fact and ya can't beat the 88 inch wheel base but hybrids aint my thing I'm a leaf spring man. just got an insurance quote on dexs gt and they only want 1700 3rd party fnf so hopefully ill be takein a look at it this weekend