I am looking to buy a 98 Starlet SR but it has a little over 180,000 miles on the clock.

Is there any serious problems that are likely to occur soon or has anyone gone well over that and been fine??

any help would be great!!

cheers

Guest Enzo

hey criss welcome to the club man, to help with your question, as long as it has a full service history there shouldent be anything to be scared of to be honest ;)

hey criss welcome to the club man, to help with your question, as long as it has a full service history there shouldent be anything to be scared of to be honest ;)

cheers, it is an ex driving instructors car so im assuming that it has been looked after, apparently it just needs the left rear panel respraying from where his school vinyl was.

Guest Enzo

my advice would be to go and check it out then since its that close,

if you find any faults with it just use them as barganing tools for lowering the price even more

main things to check for

panel gaps

overspray

a mayo type residue under the oil cap

oil dip stick

service hsitory

and get on your ass and have a check at the rear shoxers gauranteed if they haven t been replaced they will be shagged

just poke about the car as much as possible

check that all electrics inside are working

etc

if you find anything negative use it as a bartering tool ;)

and if its an ex driving instructers car then its probly spent its life being bashed up curbs and into things an driven by people who cant drive

Welcome to the club im sure its in pretty good nick and at least hasnt been ragged to death

I say start at £500 and work your way up, wouldnt pay more than £750 though ;)